Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Minimalist - A Time To Give


Yesterday I did not have time to write because I was working outside of the office with limited time .

As I walked through the place I have / had my inherited furniture and the swapped out furniture , looking at what was left and thinking what I was going to do with it , I decided to give most of it away .

After all if you are not into the seventies and eighties era then its not for you . The brass and glass . 

I have two big items left , a bed and a antique chaise lounge . I did update the Craig`s list post but I am not sure these will move out the door , only if they are free . I will wait a little longer on those . 

But the glassware , I have several people in mind that I will give this stuff to . I am sure they can use it or will enjoy looking at it . I wanted to get rid of a big part yesterday but they were not home.

Its been three months since I brought this into my life and I can say that it has been an experience that I will never forget . Not so sure I would do it again but who knows I do live a good challenge .

Today I plan to just be and see what I can accomplish .

By Andria Perry

2 comments:

  1. Better for someone to utilize an item than for it to sit in a box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel good when I clear things out of my home. I cleared a few things out that needed to go to the trash Monday morning. Anything beyond the normal 4 bags and recycling can go out once a month on big trash day. It sucks holding on to things that long knowing I need to get rid of it. At least clothes I can giveaway in one the many clothes boxes that collect clothes around town or drop at the Good Will or other thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete