Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A Minimalist - Adventure`s Of A Landlady


Roger Dodger - July 14, 2015


Being a landlady can sometimes feel like I am running a daycare center , you never know how people were raised , whether they are responsible adults or whiner . If they are clean or filthy or how good people have learned to lie .


My nephew was not raised around me , I have only known him since 2008 when we met at my fathers funeral . Same with my brother by another mother . But for the most part they are clean . I broke my no family , no friends rule and allowed my nephew to rent a house from me . I treated him like any other tenant and when he did not pay I evicted him . Thats is when I found out he was not clean in the house , the live in was the clean person . My brother is clean in the house but not him. 

I am still cleaning up his mess . But I am almost done with this house . Today is lease signing day although he will not get the key till tomorrow  because the carpet goes down last . 

Now to the other tenant , my Roger Dodger . In my 20 years of experience I have never seen anyone lie so much . This man just does NOT want to pay rent . I have evicted him once and he came up with the money but the the next time he is out of there , I will not take the money and hope he will pay on time and not lie every month . I can thats is not going to happen no matter what I think . Plus he is refusing me to inspect and that means the house if filthy . And I heard something , a word , one word that was not a lie when he was trying to explain his lie .

Well time for work as a daycare , I mean  as a landlady .


By Andria Perry

1 comment:

  1. We rented our house out for a year and a half. When we returned, a lot of repairs was required.

    ReplyDelete