Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Minimalist - Adventure`s Of A Landlady


Repairs - July 13 , 2015 


I am a landlady but I did not plan to be , it kind of just happened . There are some days I work to do normal repairs and some days that the repair was caused by damage from others .

Today the damage was from others .

I have let this rental set when I should have pushed for it to be fixed so that I would have the extra income . Yes it takes money to fix the places but this time I did have most of the materials needed .

But when you do not keep a good eye on things people steal  , like pipe ! There was not much copper pipe , all of it has been replaced with PVC pipe ( plastic ) now , so there was not much damage , more of just putting the puzzle back together .

I moved all the left over stuff from the inheritance / estate sale I had into one room . I gave away things that did not sell .

I cleaned the carpets  , I had bought a carpet cleaner at an estate sale for near nothing  and I used it for the first time today . It did not come with the directions but I figured it out . That saved me a lot of money doing it myself with my own machine. This is why I have a lease and No pets , its because people do not clean up after their animals .

Although the heat was bad  , hovering around the 100° mark ,  I still mowed the grass .

I am getting close to having this one done , the tenant is waiting on me .

By Andria Perry 


3 comments:

  1. I am glad you were able to get what needs done, done. I dislike people who do not clean up after their pets. I have two dogs and they do not tear up my house or make a mess. I paid a pet deposit to my landlord up on moving in. As others before had allowed their pets to destroy things. Such as the bathroom door with scratches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanted to add : People like that, makes it hard for people who do look after their pets to find a good place to rent. Makes you wonder if they owned a house what it would look like.

      Delete
  2. I have a dog that doesn't yet understand a leash. He was adopted fully grown by us. He is not destructive, just large.

    ReplyDelete