Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Minimalist- Hoarding Thoughts


Understanding the actions of some people can be a waste of time. I was told this past weekend " everyone is responsible for their own emotions. "  While those few words may not have had a big impact on some they did on me.

We let people get into our heads and allow them to fool around with our thinking process, this lead us to being hoarders of a different kind. 

I am not perfect and I have never claimed to be, besides joking around with family and close friends, I will not say those words.

Sometimes people don`t understand what words do to some people and never affects others at all. For the most part I have a hard outside and when people call me names or talk about me it just slides off and I go about my business. After all I don`t expect everyone to like me nor do I expect to like everyone.

But how we act in the moment matters most. 

For instance; I found something out and I was disappointed, then I began to think, Did they do that because of me? I immediately wanted to run and ask this person , why? did I do something? But I didn`t.

About a week later the person talked with me and told me they had did this thing and asked me to use another venue to mail something to them, no I did not find out why but by that answer I knew it had nothing to do with me. The fear that I was the reason disappeared because I allowed it to.

With hoarding there is not just one place to hoard, sometimes it not even material things but thoughts that need to be cleared out.

If people are feeling guilty about some thing they did in the past, I recommend praying and asking for forgiveness. 

If someone is in deep grief over a lost loved one, know they are with God, happy and whole, and they would never want us to be sad. 

If you are carrying hatred in your heart for someone who did you wrong in the past, forgive. Don`t allow that person to control you anymore.

Now , what did this  " everyone is responsible for their own emotions " mean to me? I was allowing a person to have control over me by making me cry because of their rage at their own  past that they had not yet dealt with.

When I realized what I was doing I let that go, asked everyone else to do so and now I have my joy back and that person has no control anymore.

By Andria Perry




10 comments:

  1. Hoarding does not have to be about material things, it can be thoughts too. This is an interesting concept that I had never thought of before and it is so true. Thanks for the insight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need a good clearout of old and useless stuff now and then - and that includes what's stuck in our heads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoarding can be bad memories we need to let go of in order to move on. Hoarding is problem for many peopel in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and that is why I try to face it and let everyone know that you can move on.

      Delete
  4. Pleasurable thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of hoarding our thoughts, you opened something up for me.

    ReplyDelete