Monday, February 13, 2017

My Minimal Hoarding life - The Weekend Ruled

Decisions, decisions! 

I made up my mind I was not going to live in this dusty mess any longer so I got the worst rooms first, the living room and dining room. I swear you could have sowed turnip green on the table tops!

Before I could do anything I had to put away ALL of the stuff that was dragged out for Tony, the huge oxygen machine, the vibration pad for his joints, the over the counter medications and all of his trash. 

While I was doing those two rooms I had laundry washing. Seems that is a non stop chore of late.

Next room was my bedroom. I stripped the bed and washed the sheets. Made my bed and used it to fold all the other laundry done for the day, three loads!

Sunday

I knew I wanted to finish cleaning the house this weekend but I was not going to be able to get to the spare bedroom, bathrooms and the office. 

So I concentrated on our main living area.

I vacuumed and dusted my bedroom. 

I swept and mopped the laundry room, the kitchen, the entrance area and both bathrooms.

I washed and hug out all the throw rugs for both bathrooms.

I took out the trash and all the recyclables to the trash cans outside, no recyclables are going to the dump, I just store those there till I take them, usually once a week.

I dusted the kitchen and the breakfast nook. I wiped down all the counter tops. 

I put away all the paper work on the dining room table!!! YAY!

I clipped coupons and filed them into the binder.

That is right I got it done this weekend, when I have had enough I get to cleaning up the mess!

What was the motivation? I had finished my book. Tony was watching fishing on t.v. (boring!) and I was mad as hell! Mad about work.

So there the secret to me getting some things done is I am working off my madness, plus I can think about a solution and I got what I needed, the house cleaned and the solution to my problem.

How was your weekend?

You may also like :  It Is Okay To Rest


By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment