Monday, September 28, 2015

A Minimalist - Make a Schedule


I know by now you probably have read it a million times about " How to organize your Clutter" by doing the piles and boxes and what not. 

Then as most of you do,  I think " When?!" since I work and I have the entire of load everything on my shoulders, with no help.

This occurred to me while I was organizing the deep freezer so that I would know what food I have and what I need to buy. 

I needed a schedule to get rid of clutter and organize! I made a couple lists, one weekly and one monthly and I schedule time for each list.


That is when things began to really happen in my home. I made a list of things I NEED to get done and a list of things I WANT to get done. I hang both lists on the fridge door.

Weekly - I need to get done list :

Washing clothes - This seems to be most peoples problem area, clothing. I thought about it and I decided that twice a week I would do laundry so that it would not pile up and mildew. I picked Wednesday evening and Sunday evening. I can wash, dry and put away clothes on those two days. I also have two laundry baskets, one for clothing and one for wet towels etc.

Pick another day when you can manage an hour to vacuum/ sweep the floors of the home. 

Next a day to dust , reserve one hour.

On Saturday evenings I refill the pill boxes with the medication that is taken daily in this household. That takes maybe fifteen minutes max.

Sunday Night is clip coupon night.

Pick a day that you can spare an hour and do yard work.

You would not believe how easy it is to stick to those days.

Next is the Monthly list:

Make a day to call in all medications needed for a month.

On the first of each month I change the a/c filter.

On the Third of each month I apply the flea and tick treatment to the dogs.

On or between the first to the third of each month I paid all of my rent/utility bills.

I WANT to get done list: 

Donate- Things I no longer want that goes to the donation box and is driven right away to the donation box .Pick a day --- Do a quick run through the house tossing things into the box as you are headed to the grocery store or work and drop off those things that day.

Redoing the closets - I have to pick an entire day off for this job!

Cleaning out kitchen cabinets- I pick one section at a time if I don`t have time to do them all, I make it my day off if I go for them all.

Now that you have an idea of how to manage to get things done and work I bet you can do more than you thought ever possible.

Time management is one key to a clean and uncluttered home.


By Andria Perry








No comments:

Post a Comment