Sunday, January 7, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - The First Week





Clean and organize. Yep that is the plan and yep since its just the first week of the new year I am keeping that resolution! I am sure it will be the easiest of the four that I made for 2018

To read more about resolutions click here : New Year 2018



I have been keeping up with getting rid of something daily, even if it is recyclables.

January first - I filled the car with recyclables and two old pair of shoes.  I vacuumed and dusted my bedroom. I scrubbed my bathroom.

January second - I took all the trash out and I gave the dogs cans of beef stew that I was not going to eat because I did not like it.

January third - and January forth - I do not recall what I took out, I think it was just the trash and a bag of  soda cans.

January forth - I did some major cleaning, I did one section of the kitchen cabinet and I got another bag of plastic containers to get rid of, they wait by the back door till morning.

I washed and dried three loads of laundry and I folded and put every single load away.

January fifth - I took the bag of plastic bowls to the recycle bin. I also gave away a 12 pack carton of Grape soda because I had bought it for Tony but his diabetes stuck around and he cannot drink it. I worked the rest of the day at my day job.


January sixth - I vacuumed the living room and dining room. I cleaned the small bathroom, scrubbing the tub, sink and toilet. Next I took down the shower curtain and liner and replaced it with a new printed shower curtain/ liner combo. I also changed the bath rug. I do this every now and then for a change up. I am not sure about the new liner print I got, I am glad I only paid a dollar in case I cannot handle the pattern.



I had made a plan for one of the closets that I cleaned last January, the office closet. I have/had clothing that I was selling on Ebay stored in this closet, some sold and some did not.

 So I cleaned out all those clothes, washing them and putting them in the yard sale tub for that Springtime yard sale, if they do not sell then, off to the donation bin they will go. I laid out several that seemed to have shrank for my sister, those will be put in the car for the return to her house in a couple days. I am also sending her a bottle of the washing liquid I have in stock. This closet has only a couple coats left hanging.

I gathered trash and recyclables and took those out.



January Seventh - Today. I am about to dust this office as well as the spare bedroom, that is a for sure.



I will clip coupons (for toilet paper, animal feed and washing Liquid) and file the rest. I will not be stockpiling any food for a long time.

I will file paperwork as well.

That is something else I have been doing a very good job with, keeping all the paperwork filed and not allowing it to pile up.

While it seems as though I am doing a lot around here, I`m not. I am just working an hour or so in the morning and an hour or so in the evening. That seems to be working out with keeping this place cleaner and getting rid of junk too.

How has your first week of the year been?

By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”



7 comments:

  1. Wow, you got a lot done. I have been getting rid of much myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying while I am stuck in the house, cold.

      Delete
  2. We moved to an area (Maryland) where everyone recycles (in the past we were the only house doing it in Indiana). Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recycle whatever I can because I am tired of paying $200 a year for trash pick up. I have very little that has to be in the trash and I take it to my sisters once a week, she gets free trash pick up.

      Delete
  3. I started last year with cleaning out the clutter. It had been so long, like 20 years of accumulation. Amazing how it all adds up, we use to move every 5 years so it was never an issue. I am determined to make this a big year for being clutter free!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I just have to much stuff, its hard to stop shopping but I am determined to do just that. Good luck on your journey.

      Delete
  4. Well, obviously during the first week of the year I fell behind my online reading list :-) Hope you're still making progress on your to-do list every day!

    ReplyDelete