Sunday, January 21, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - A Cleaning And A Cleansing


This will not be your normal de-clutter and clean up article today, but I did accomplish that and more. 

Things had gotten very strange here the past month and I did not know why till something happened not once but twice to me and then something totally different happened to Tony.

Let me explain. Some my blow me off like I am a total nut case while others will understand. I do not expect everyone to agree with me or like me, that is just life and I accept that fact.

One  night I was laying in my bed reading, getting sleepy, when I smelled and tasted something nasty. Cigarette smoke. I just whispered " Go away and leave me alone, I can`t help you." I turned over and went to sleep.  I thought nothing else about this, till..... a few days later I was washing dishes and the same thing happened, once again I said the same thing. 

Another evening I was taking a bath in the main bathroom so Tony went to use my bathroom. I could hear him walking back and forth but I didnt really think nothing about that. I came out of the main bathroom and Tony said "I seen a black thing jump off your bed and run into your  bathroom where it disappeared, so I salted your room and the bathroom." I asked "What did you say as you salted the area?" Tony replied " I told it to get the fuck out of here!"

That is when I knew that something was here and was not leaving and Tony said the wrong thing. Time for me to get the cleaning and cleansing up and going.

How?

I started in the spare bedroom, The office and the main bathroom since I have already cleaned those areas the week before. I toss salt in the far corner of the room and work my way around the room, tossing it against the walls to make a solid thin line, going into the closet and back to the doorway, making it last, and drawing a thin line of salt across that doorway to block anything evil from coming back in.  While I am spreading the salt I am saying over and over "In Jesus name all evil spirits must leave."



Next I needed to clean up my bathroom and bedroom so I cleaned the bathroom first, mopping and even washing the rugs. I vacuumed and dusted my bedroom and put away all clothing. I salted those rooms, closet included. 

I got to the entryway to the front door, swept and mopped that area, wiped down the screen door on the inside. I vacuumed and dusted the living room and dining room and I salted those areas, making sure I put a line of salt across the entry to the font door. 

Now I have the kitchen, laundry room and pantry.

After lunch I swept and mopped the kitchen first, wiping off the counter tops and making sure everything is put away. I salted the kitchen, being more careful with the salt to make sure it stays by the wall and not all over the  floor.

I swept and mopped the pantry and then the laundry room, since these two are by the side door they got it last. When the floors dried I salted those rooms leaving the door to outside last. Before I poured the line to block whatever it was from coming back in I tossed salt out the doorway to the outside saying " In Jesus name all evil spirits must leave."

So I cleaned and cleansed the house.

This may sound strange too but I have been battling this flu since the first week of December, I would get better and then bad again, no matter how much I kept the house cleaned and wiped down. Today I woke up and I can breathe, I can take a huge deep breath, no coughing or wheezing. 

What did I do extra? 

I cleaned out the microwave and I cleaned the filters to the vacuum cleaner.



I have kept the paperwork filed! No pile ups so far.

What went out?

Besides some evil spirit, I took out more recyclables that I will toss into the local recycle bin later today.



I took two huge throw pillows and put those in the car, They will go into the yard sale I am planning in the spring, I have began to get that stuff together at the old home place, what does not sell will be donated from there, its much easier for me to take it there instead of piling up here. I am not sure anyone would come to the woods for a yard sale, so it will be in town at the old house.

That is about it on the going stuff, we had snow and I was trapped at home for a couple days so I did not pile the car to full.

What is new?

I have not bought anything new but there is good news about what I am doing that is new.



I have skipped buying the newspaper for coupons two weeks in a row, meaning I am ridding myself of that addiction, however, I will buy them when I see they offer plenty of coupons for animal feed and toilet paper. Seems that one week of the month the inserts are good and that will be the only time I buy them. So far this is 3 months in a row that I have been staying away from coupons. 

Resolution #1 - Stop buying. I did not make this resolution for nothing.

Train the brain!

This is the hard part, always had been. Training your brain to say no. I have found that if I put a huge goal on something and I fail I will slip back into old ways and then after a while have to start it all over again.

"So how do I get out of this cycle?" 

I think of something I want badly. Something big. Something I have always dreamed of and I stop myself before I buy that shirt, or go out to eat when I have a fridge filled with food. I put that money aside and I do not allow myself to spend it.

I am thinking before acting. I am working my butt off and not for more junk weekly, but for that one special thing. I applied meaning to why I am working, not to just survive but to get that "big" what I want.

It is hard but I am doing it, second week and I am doing it!

By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry









We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

8 comments:

  1. I've heard of burning sage, but I've never heard of spreading salt. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better. The salt is something I just heard about myself. Burning sage, sandalwood or white candles is would i do. The salt is like a barrow from what I have read that they can't cross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. I do not have access to sage to burn, nor can burn anything with Tony around because of his lung problems.

      Delete
  3. Chin up, keep moving forward! If I have learned anything from your posts it is that you have to keep moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the think big ! Hope your health remains on the upswing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am sure I will be back to 100% sooner than later.

      Delete