Thursday, November 30, 2017

The 2017 Resolutions - Check In For November - What Did I Accomplish?



Now lets tale a look back at the month of November and see just what I did get done toward my resolutions for the year, remember I make two easy and two hard each year, sometimes I make them all but more than likely its three out of four.

This year I also picked a word for my year, what I wish to accomplish. My word for the year is : Satisfaction. I picked this word because I want to feel satisfied with everything I do in the year 2017.

My 2017 resolutions are :


1 - Buy Solar Panels and the accessories - Get off the grid



Nope, I have not purchased another solar item. I have looked a few times but not actually shelled out the money, yet.

In October I got the greenhouse up and a few plants inside but I was fast to learn I will have to do this or that everyday. So I have put off growing anything as far as food wise because of the holidays and I may not be home daily to do the air in and out thing. Purchased water barrels for the so called solar heat that they will emit inside the greenhouse. I am learning as I go, even with the greenhouse.

I figured if I am to get off the grid I need to learn to grown my food all year long.

A 50/50 success rate.

 2 - Write more- Finish the book and write another. Blog more for money

I have gotten back to writing but not as much as I would like. 

As far as the books are concerned that is a no, I have not worked on those at all. 

As far as blogging I am doing more and I have added ads to my blogs so hopefully I will make some money.

A 50/50 success rate.

These are two other blogs I write  -  get off the grid  And  Cooking with Angie


3 - Lose 25 pounds and get back on a vegetarian diet


Well this one is a big fat no. 

I am having more vegetarian or vegan days but I am not off meats altogether as I wanted to be.

Weight loss? Nope I am stuck and cannot get off anymore weight.

100 % fail!

4 - Learn to ask people for help

A complete repeat from last month.

This resolution is the hardest one of all, I have always hated to be needy. People become mean if they think they have something you need, even if its just a ride and or to talk to about a problem.

I cannot say I asked for anything from anyone last month. Nothing comes to mind.

So this one is a fail 100% I am not cut out to ask for help, I am to dang independent or hard headed, one or the other. 

November was not my month to get things done toward my resolutions but that is not to say I did not accomplish things in other areas of my life. Regardless if I work on my resolutions are not I am moving forward and working, I am not really sitting idle waiting for life to happen.

In life we never know what will happen day by day, Just when you think that you did not get anywhere with the resolutions you made for this year, you look back and find that you accomplished a resolution from last year or the year before. 

Life is funny like that.


By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry


12 comments:

  1. Son't feel bad about your books. I have not been working on mine, either. I am going to try to get ad-sense I fix up my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that and amazon, hopefully I will make a few dollars here and there.

      Delete
  2. You have accomplished a lot Andrea. Maybe next year you will be able to finish or start what you have planned for this year. I can relate to what you have said about writing a book. I have started mine but not finished,yet. Not even the middle of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With me working 2 jobs and running things here, its really hard to find time to write.

      Delete
  3. To me you are the role model for getting things done. Don't feel bad that you didn't get everything you hoped done. Sometimes what's urgent gets in the way of what we had planned to do. You've had a lot thrown at you this year you hadn't planned on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. Yes I have had some life stuff thrown at me.

      Delete
  4. I think you accomplished more than most. I really think many people start out with high hopes of completing their resolutions but so many do not complete even one. Solar panels has been on my list for years...maybe in 2018?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may not have accomplished everything you hoped for, but you definitely didn't fail, you are also so busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words but my weight says I have failed to lose it.

      Delete
  6. Every month you continue to make progress. That, in the end is all any of us can do. Keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete