Sunday, November 12, 2017

My Minimal Hoarding Life - Am I Normal?



November 13, 2017


Minimal can be a struggle. Hoarding can be a struggle. Reaching that middle comfortable area is where I wanna be.

If you are embarrassed for anyone to see it, then its time to get rid of it or clean it.

I have felt this way for a while now. I am embarrassed about how the garage and shed looks, the wind has blown things over and some out into the rain ruining it.

The Weekend :

Saturday I began the long and slow process, I did have to add stuff but I also cleaned up a section, hoping that all snakes have went into hibernation. I am a long way from getting this area complete but I did start by taking a trunk filled with trash in bags to the office trash can, filled it to the max.
Sunday I did the normal cleaning around the house that included vacuuming all the rooms and wiping down the living room, not dusting but wiping it down with a wet cloth and then using a dry cloth. 

I did what I call a job not finished to my bathroom, I cleaned the sink and toilet but did bot tackle the shower. 

Washing clothing and washing sheets was the deal. I had a load of colors and a load of jeans, next was bed sheets and towels, I feel like I am always folding clothes and putting them away. I chose to use the dryer and not hang them out.

I did not buy coupons this week so not clipping and filing. I did file all the paperwork so the dining table is clear.

What is new? 

This week I bought myself a pair of jeans, I had too I am low on pants, I have several pair but one pair fits just right, if I am bloated any, can`t wear them. The other pair is straight leg and one pair drags the ground and needs hemmed. The new pair is looser but just right in length. 

I also bought a load of lumber, its seconds but that is okay, at times with the rentals I need a board to fix something and it does not have to be pretty because usually its not seen.

What Left The House? :

While I was working inside Tony finished the electric fence so all that stuff is not longer in the breakfast nook. 



Magazines are in the car ready to go to my sisters.

The Plan :



The plan for this week is to finish cleaning the house and clean out the closet, switch Summer clothes for Winter. And possibly getting rid of some of them.

Get another load in trash bags, cleaned up from the garage. 

If I can manage this little while still working I will be doing good.

Life can look messy even being minimal but with the right organizing tools, containers and cleaners you can have stuff and it look very nice on your home. 


How was your past week? Did you clean something or  toss something in the trash?

By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry









We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

8 comments:

  1. I got nothing productive done in the apartment but I did go up to the land and got firewood cut. I need to start seriously tossing stuff in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We managed to organize and rearrange the craft room, but that is about it, other than the routine stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last weekend was a loss w organizing :0 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we have those weeks but we bounce back.

      Delete
  4. We each have to take the path that makes us happy!

    ReplyDelete