Sunday, November 5, 2017

My Minimal Hoarding Life - Lazy Days Over?



November 5, 2017

That moment when life feels like Deja vu and you stop and think " I feel like I have already been within this moment in time." But you carry on and let that moment pass.

However, I do feel like some things have already happened before or that they happen for a reason.

I know I am overworked with not enough rest and with that being said I threw caution out with the wind and did something very stupid, I cut down poison oak vines, not just any but straight off the mother vine that is now as big as a small tree. 


A few days later I wake covered in a rash that did become giant blisters before the day was over. I treated it as I always do but it seemed that each day it got worst and worst, so I ended up at the clinic and on prescription medication. I was completely stopped from working outside and for the most part in public with wrapped itching arms, or full show of leaking blisters. 

AND....


This careless lack of good judgment caused me even more work, I have to back tack to everything I touched that whole day that I was clearing the small area in the backyard.

I wiped off every door knob and handle in the house with hot soapy water to begin with.

Next I took off the bed sheets and made sure that every time I wore an outfit it was washed. 

I also wiped down the inside if the car, just in case.

To The Normal Cleaning :

I have been battling laundry, especially this week, seems I get three loads done and I see another three waiting. But I have been dealing with this and doing well washing, drying and folding, plus putting them up, right away.

I had a day or so that I was so.... feeling bad with this rash I let the dishes go and Tony washed those :) but since then I have kept the dishes washed and put away. I have cleaned the microwave. 

I scrubbed the main bathroom, swept and mopped. I also changed the bathroom rug.

I have filed all the paperwork and went through the coupons, filed the ones I kept. This cleaned off the dining room table.

I have the recyclables ready in the car to be taken off tomorrow.

Last week I brought in eight house plants/ tree, I keep the mother plants and put the plants I plan to sell down in the new greenhouse. This makes the house feel so good because I am not cluttered up with plants all over the place. 

Outside : 



When I took all the plants down to the greenhouse I did a massive cleaning on the front deck, nothing left but the table and chairs and the grill. I also cleaned those two windows outside and the glass screen door.

I mowed the front field down and started on the back field. Cut down and cleaned off grown over shrubs in the back yard.

What is New? 

I did buy a new bathroom rug last week, an unplanned buy. It was $20, marked down to $5.80. Its also a purplish color so I can swap it out when the other one needs washing and hung out to dry.

Within the past few weeks I have bought new shoes, a pair of walking shoes and a pain of what are called riding boots.

What has left? 

Nothing. I have not gave away anything, well besides a bottle of lotion and some food items to my sister but nothing as part of bring one in and take one out. I will work on that this week.

In my own defense, I will say I am working two full time jobs and doing 98% of the homestead alone. Not to bad for a working sickly girl, huh? And a wonderful excuse. 

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry



9 comments:

  1. I think your excuse is a wonderful excuse! Ugh about the poison oak! I get poison ivy every time I go up to the land. I'll be glad when I have it under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO sorry about the ivy! Greenhouse looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the poison Oak, i've hit that monster before. Love the image of Snap, Krackle and pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had snap, crackle and pop for some many years, picked them up in a little self owned thrift shop before these shops became famous.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good job for someone working through poison-oak poisoning :-( Nasty. Hope it's better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snap, crackle, and pop. My mother had them.

    ReplyDelete