Wednesday, December 20, 2017

My Minimal Hoarding Life - Life In December



Ahhhh, here we are in December, one of the busiest months of the year. Parties! Friends and family coming over. A clean and decorated home.

Well......

Not so much.

The past few weeks were planned to perfection, do this first and then that, Line up the baking and get those cookies delivered. 

Clean up the house because of those unexpected guest and so on.

Till......

Its snows and takes the power, you cannot do much without power or heat.

The next week is those stacked appointments, get those out of the way and we are good to go till next year.

Till.......

You get sick. Yes, you caught the flu and it puts you down! I mean down and you do not care to get back up, who cares about clean and neat? Who cares about food? 

Now here I am just a five days from Christmas and I have nothing accomplished but staying alive.

So.......

Ya know what? None of it matters. I have been slow and steady all year and although I am not pleased with the house not being cleaned and clear of clutter for Christmas, it really does not matter.

I did not clean the house.

I did not clean out the car and get it to my sisters.

I did not clean out the other car and get it to the repair shop.

I did not get Tony`s truck cleaned and listed for sale.

I did not bake anything! 

I did not do anything at all.

So.......

I will make the best of Christmas and cook a wonderful meal. 

Bake, next week and give the cookies out with love and not with the flu attached. 

I also plan to set this very nice fake Christmas tree I have out on the deck and give it a good rinse off to remove dust before storing another year.

And there, that is how life happens sometimes. 

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

By Andria Perry
Photo by Andria Perry


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

10 comments:

  1. I hope that you feel better and have a blessed Christmas. I hope the next year will be better than the last.

    Things have just been hectic around here. My wife has osteoporosis, so I'm now doing a majority of the housework. My daughter has degenerative bone disease, so I've been taking her to work and picking her up. I've been taking everyone to their doctor's appointments and therapy. There are days when I need to stoke the furnace at church. The chickens need extra care with the snow and cold. Then there is grocery shopping, cooking, etc. It is hectic right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you! You are the caregiver to all, I hope things improve and you get a break. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. I hope you are feeling better. As for me this is the first day I have been feeling up to getting something done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, I was down for a week.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, half dead is better than all dead.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes they have. I am getting better everyday.

      Delete