Wednesday, December 27, 2017



The 2017 Resolutions - How Did I Do For The Year Past?


Its now the end of the 2017 year and I am ready to reflect on what I did accomplish and what I did not and see if I can find reason why I failed.

Life is so unpredictable that sometimes we will get off track, not because we want to but because we do not have a choice, and 2017 was one hell`va ride for me.

Now lets take a look back, At December too, to see just what I did get done toward my resolutions for the year, remember I make two easy and two hard each year, sometimes I make them all but more than likely its three out of four.

This year I also picked a word for my year, what I wish to accomplish. My word for the year is : Satisfaction. I picked this word because I want to feel satisfied with everything I do in the year 2017.

My 2017 resolutions are :


1 - Buy Solar Panels and the accessories - Get off the grid

Nope! I did not do anything toward this resolution in December. But I did learn a valuable lesson. We had a snow storm come through that left us with around 8 inches of snow and we lost power. Losing power meant no heat at all and the only lights I had were 4 solar power lights I bought for the outdoors and candles. Having no heat was the worst! 

Although I do have a fireplace it has never been checked out, so after 24 hours without heat Tony looked up inside and ok`ed it and we fired it up.

To cook I do have a gas grill so that was not the problem, Plus he did go and buy us food more than once.

So either I get some type of solar power going here sooner than later or I will convert this total electric home into more gas powered and more wood burning, especially for heat.

There is nothing like a couple days of getting kicked in the butt to make things come together.

This resolution is a fail for the year of 2017

 2 - Write more- Finish the book and write another. Blog more for money

Once again in December I did not accomplish anything as far as writing. Why? Two weeks of the month I was sick with the flu. I could barely eat much less set up and write.

As for the year of 2017 this is a complete fail, I was to busy or to lazy.

However, I did set up google adsense and Amazon on my blogs, no money made yet but I have to start somewhere.

3 - Lose 25 pounds and get back on a vegetarian diet


Well December I did drop a few pounds but it was from being sick. 

But how much did I drop for the year? Did I make it back to vegetarian?

No and No.

However I did drop 10 pounds and I kept that off and I have been eating more and more animal free meals.

As for the year of 2017 this resolution was 40% accomplished.

4 - Learn to ask people for help

I can say that I did not and probably will not be asking people for any help. Not that some people won`t help but most are the type that says "How will I benefit?" so I walk away from this ever happening.

As for the year of 2017 this resolution was 100% fail.


I did make some pretty big resolutions for 2017 even though I was a 24/7 caregiver and a full time landlady, Plus running the homestead alone.

I hit rock bottom a couple of times in 2017 and I have often questioned should I stay where I am or cut my losses and move on. 2018 Will be the year of many decisions, most of them in January because time is money, either saved or wasted.


How did you do on your resolutions for 2017? What about your word?  My word "satisfaction" was indeed accomplished because I did get satisfaction for the work I did all year.


By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry



17 comments:

  1. What a a year but you also accomplished much as well...I am having I might do's instead of I will's...Because then if I don't I won't feel such a failure as if I had said I will do...So it is " I might do" for me...Happy New Year filled with good health and happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year was the worst for resolutions but that is okay, most of the year I was so busy I did not get to try.

      Delete
  2. I don't tend to set resolutions. I used to set them too high, then fail, then feel bad. So I just keep puttering along. I hope next year goes better for you reaching your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I make them to try and I report about them each month. Failing is a part of life and I dod not feel bad about failing.

      Delete
  3. amuch has happened over the last yaer. You did get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will agree with you, taking care of Tony with Cancer was the hardest job I have ever done in my life.

      Delete
    2. Praying for you both Angies. I know how hard it is taking care of a loved one with cancer. I lost both my parents to cancer.

      Delete
    3. Thank you. I also lost both parents to cancer.

      Delete
  4. I didn't and don't make resolutions. Many of the things I set out to accomplish this year, I did accomplish, though. Some of them, I did not. For instance, I wanted to put in a larger garden than the last two years and it ended up smaller. Partly, that was because I didn't have a tiller, but it is still on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will get a tiller this year and you will have a huge garden.

      Delete
  5. First, I have enjoyed following your year. Your stories are really good and I highly recommend your journey!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I really have no idea. I'm so scattered everywhere.
    My big goal was to list at least one new item each week in my etsy shop. That was am epic fail for most of the year. I did well at the end of the year because I knew I had to if I wanted the holiday sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I do is I sit down with pen and paper and I write down what I feel I need to do or change, I go from there and I keep it alive by writing each month.

      Delete
  7. To be honest with everything that happen this past year, I don't even remember what resolution I made if I made one. This coming year I have a better one that I am going to do. Something I haven't done before but I think I really need to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both had a hard 2017. May 2018 be the best year ever for both of us!

      Delete
  8. I didn't actually make any resolutions because I get upset if I can't fulfil them. However I did end up with a good year, much better than 2016 and hoping for an even better 2018.

    ReplyDelete