Saturday, September 30, 2017

The 2017 Resolutions - Check In For September - Accomplish Or Crash And Burn?

September  30, 2017

Now lets tale a look back at the month of September and see just what I did get done toward my resolutions for the year, remember I make two easy and two hard each year, sometimes I make them all but more than likely its three out of four.

This year I also picked a word for my year, what I wish to accomplish. My word for the year is : Satisfaction. I picked this word because I want to feel satisfied with everything I do in the year 2017.

My 2017 resolutions are :

1 - Buy Solar Panels and the accessories - Get off the grid

As much as I crave the solar way of life, I have not bought any. Yes its sad but I will say I reduced the power bills by $27 from mid August to mid September.

The good news is that I have everything I need to put up the hoop style green house! And I am hoping to have it up this coming week.

I also purchased the electrical device for the electric fence to keep the dogs in one area, now I can think about also making a portable chicken pen and coop. 

Although I did not buy anything solar I still feel like I am moving forward so this month I will call a  100% success.


 2 - Write more- Finish the book and write another. Blog more for money

I have not finished either books. But there is good news, I was finally approved for Google adsense, I mentioned in August, Its not a huge difference because its slow to earn ( because the ads have to be clicked on to earn money) but this does open up the option to blog at more sites and I have looked at a couple. I have earned a little this month from the adsense.  

I feel this one is a 50% success for September.

3 - Lose 25 pounds and get back on a vegetarian diet

I do not know why eating is so hard to do, I know how to lose weight and I know what foods are healthy. I have not lost any weight in the last two weeks but I have cut down on how much I eat, no matter what it is. 

I wont give up! I will say that since I am doing more portion control its a 25% success. 

4 - Learn to ask people for help

I am not sure I needed any help in August, well I always want help but I have not asked for the same reasons I stated before.

I have turned down more that I knew I could not do and made the statement " I cannot do everything" this has helped with the pressure of people pushing more on me to get done.


As I look back I did a little better this month, July was the month from hell and August has flew by. September was  an improvement. If its Gods will October will be an awesome month for me and I will do something to improve each one of my yearly goals.

How about you? Have to checked in on what you wanted from life back at the beginning of the year?


For a look back at July click here : The month from Hell!


For a look back at August click here : Time Flies!  


By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry

14 comments:

  1. I do not make resolutions so nothing to report on that count. I am working harder at most of my goals and desires, though. As for that losing weight thing, oh my! I have gained 25 pounds this year and am not happy about it! I know I need to eat healthier too and need to just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only thing I have accomplished this year that i said I would, would be loosing weight. I am not at my goal but am happy with where I am at. If I loose more, good for me. If not, I am okay with it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good! I am glad you are making progress.

      Delete
  3. My veggie garden went in late but the harvest is fantastic. My plant biz is surprising. The plant of the year was grapevine. Go figure. Back to work at Ocean Spray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad your business is going good. Don`t work to hard.

      I need to gather blackberry bushes and sell them.

      Delete
  4. Another good month for you Andria and I like the idea of not seting goals at the beginning of the year..Goal posts tend to move don't they? It will soon be time to harvest the rice again some who planted earlier are just starting to harvest and just a little bit of info the workers here are paid 200 Thai Baht a DAY which equates to 5.96 US dollars and 4.45 English pounds and it is back breaking work we pay them 300 a day but it is peanuts for such labour intensive work we don't realise how lucky we are :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your last one is the hardest. There are so many times when I wish I had just stopped and asked for help. I really struggle with that some times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard because people do not want to help each other anymore. The world has become selfish.

      Delete
  6. I didn't make any resolutions, but I'd have to say that I'm better off this year than I was last year at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you're still doing OK and I hope you don't have a repeat of your July nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bill! I am also glad to see you! No I sure hope not.

      Delete