Thursday, September 28, 2017

My Minimal Hoarding Life - Neglect? Define Neglect



September 28, 2017

I am sure when I stopped writing so much in my journal about my hoarding ways and minimalism ways that things would go down hill, I have to face it, if I want to have bragging rights I must first do something to actually brag about.

This is my journal, I expose myself to anyone who cares to read.

Today is not going to be just about talk, I am taking action, I think :)

 Let me back up a little and tell you about this past month :

To read more click here : Life round here

The first thing is, I am tired. 



I am not sitting around.  I am working outside in the vegetable garden, I am home canning and freezing what I get from the garden or buy.  I am mowing the grass with the rider and the push mower, I am cutting down overgrown bushes.  I am clearing a wooded area for a greenhouse. I am walking the dogs.



Next is that I have to do a little at the rental houses, I have to get the tenants ready for winter and that means some get new heaters and some get help if they want plastic on the windows. I have to mow the grass at one empty twice a week, sometimes once a week, plus since the basement is filled with junk/ trash I have been working on that one day a week, one large trash can at a time. 



Being a caregiver to a cancer patient 24/7 is not that easy, although he has already went through the worst, chemo, its a very demanding job. If he is sick at 2 am I have to get up and get him better. If he is starving at 11 pm because he sleeps so much, I have to cook.


What Have I been Doing ? 

Since my live in patient sleeps a lot, its part of the body healing itself an is normal, I have to be quiet.

I am always doing laundry and some night I have slept with one side of my bed filled with the days clean laundry, waiting to be folded and put away, I was just to tired to get it done.

The kitchen is where I seem to live! Not just cooking meals but home canning too, so this room gets wiped down more than any room, however I still have not made much time to clean the upper outsides of the cabinets, the greasy part. :( I have kept the kitchen swept and mopped. 

Now one thing I will not put up with and that is trash to just sit in the house, I take the trash out as soon as the can is full. 


I am really behind on the paper pile on the dining room table but I cannot just trash can those because its part of the accounting for the business and I have to keep those, and the coupons! I am behind on clipping coupons so I have a stack awaiting the scissors or the trash can. 

I am sneezing an snotty and I know what it is, not the ragweed outside but the dust inside. I am ashamed of how much dust is in the house, looks strange because most rooms are neat but there is dust!


Well, there I just bared myself. I am headed to the bathroom to clean it and I will say its not the worst but its not nice either.

How have to been doing in your minimal hoarding life? 


By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry

9 comments:

  1. At this point I am just doing a lot of planing and trying to figure out what my next step is going to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got passed that point and now I just said, to heck with it and jumped in head first and getting everything done, slowly but done.

      Delete
  2. I'm about where you are. I think we both face the tyranny of the urgent and get behind on a lot that's important but will still be there tomorrow...and tomorrow....and tomorrow. I did manage to sell a couple of my unwanted items on a Facebook list, but they didn't take up much room. Please don't kill yourself with too much work. Tony needs you, and you need some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won`t over do myself but I can say I sleep well at night :)

      Delete
  3. As always enjoyed reading! Keep up the project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to expand the chicken pen before the snow flies, which could come next week. I also want to winterize their chicken coop. Plus, I have more zucchinis and spaghetti squash to harvest and put up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a chicken pen but not this year. I want my own eggs. We used to raise chicken but that has been 20 years ago.

      I hope you manage all that in a week.

      Delete
  5. As much as I have gotten rid of stuff, I still have a ton to do. It seems it is always give and take in this tiny house. You can't tell it by looking, it looks like I thrive on chaos. Definitely not true. I am not where I want to be, but I knwo which direction I am headed. Which is something I couldn't say 5 months ago.

    ReplyDelete