Sunday, March 10, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - Getting Rid Of The Hoard


This has been slow work, only because I work a couple jobs and I cannot spend as much time on the project as I want, but no excuses this will be done and very soon. 

The other house, while my home is not to bad the other house is, I found that I have once again started hoarding stuff that I have no intentions of using, I guess I am thinking I can sell more or give to someone who needs it.... whatever the reason its going, a heaping load at a time to the goodwill and more to the dump.

The Back Ground

Years ago, (10) I gave up a hoard, a lifetime of kept things, many of which was kept so not to hurt the feelings of the person who gave it, and got back to my minimal lifestyle.

Then came more stuff, from an inheritance, while I liked the stuff I have found that I no longer want it, after a couple of years I am ready to get it gone, all of it. Its not really my style, I am more modern with clean lines, not so much into the dust collecting designs, although they are beautiful to look at, not so much fun cleaning.

My old home place need to be lived in, needs life again, the work begins.

The Work Begins

I have packed up a few things from my home now to give away, only because someone said they would take these items if I gave them away, and I bought trash pick up three weeks ago.

Each week I have that trash can packed full of stuff that I feel is no longer usable, mostly old plastic items. Even if I only get to this act for the whole week, I got some of it gone.

The First Week Of March

I worked, earning a living, a lot this week and most of the work kept me out of town and on the road, so I only got one days work in.

I got busy with the kitchen cabinets, they will be removed, and I got rid of everything except a few cast iron skillets that were my dads and part of my childhood, I may ask my sister if she needs any.

When I finished those I went to the bedroom, I opened the chest of drawers and emptied four drawers, only keeping one short that still has the tags hanging, its new. Next I went to the dresser and I could only get to one top drawer but all of it went as well, old clothing that will never be worn again, actually mostly work clothes. The bedroom is where I have most of the  good stuff to get rid of, however, the basement has things to go to the dump, so I could not get to the rest of the dresser drawers.

I need a couple sunny days that I can call off days from work and get this done.

Back To Home- My Living Space

Life can be busy and full but there is always things that just have to be done, bathing and eating!

I have not done much cleaning other than the bathrooms, who wants that nasty? 

Washing dishes because we have to have clean to eat out of.

Changing bed sheets just because I need clean sheets. 

And laundry, well I want clean clothing and towels to dry after baths.

Things pretty much stay neat but neat is not clean, I see dust but there is only so much I can do before collapsing. 


So there is my accountability for the week of my hoarding life, how are you handling life and hoarding?

By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry

3 comments:

  1. Have been using the winter weather to clean out and donate! Trying to stay minimal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets built up so easy, Good plan and I will take it too.

      Delete