Thursday, February 28, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2019 Resolution - February Check In




Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make the best of the time we have because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I usually make a word, or phrase, of how I plan to be for the year and this year I have chosen " Dream it, Do It." I chose this because I am making my dreams come true a little at a time, the time to get them finished is now, year 2019!

Here are my 2019 resolutions :



1 - Reduce Spending By Half

This month I had to spend, no choice! The truck needed radiator work and a/c work, I spent my savings. Big sigh. 

I did buy a shirt off the clearance rack, I was scanning my closet and I have work clothes and super dressy clothes. It was $11 and reduced down to $3, while its still buying, I did save money by getting it off this rack, now I have one that is new, that can be worn to the doctor office, etc.

The good side, I am buying less food and using more of what is in the deep freezer or home canned.

This is a 100% fail only because I had to do truck repairs.




2 - Reduce Stuff By Half


A work in progress! Yes I have been busy on this one. Since it rained for a week I did have time to "look mat stuff" and I did get more out of the old home place.

While I have stuff here I do not need, I have a room full at the old home place I do not need or want. I have a half of a pick up truck piled outside waiting till I have a full load ready, including an old desk, a shelf, a counter top, a couple small tables. I tossed all the old magazines and the books that smell like a basement, and more just little junk stuff. I took down the kitchen curtains and tossed those as well.

This is a 100% accomplishment.



3 - Set Up Sunshine`s Homestead Creations Store

Oh yes! While I can`t just do all the work in a day, all alone, I am making so much progress!

I have a huge, I mean huge! section of land cleared and I am working on the parking area now. I have a small building to move here but I have a little more to cut down before I will say I am ready to move the building, mostly small pines, 12 of them.

The last week had been rain, not just plain rain but days and days of pouring rain that has caused a flood, while floods are not good I used this as an observation of the land and how it effects my property.

This is a 100% accomplishment!



4 -  Cut Out Sweets - Kick diabetes ass!

I mentioned when I wrote out this list that it would be easy this year but once again I have failed 100% on this resolution. I did have a check up and I have not gained any weight, I am actually down a couple pounds since this time last year, but my A1C is still to high.

So, that is how I am doing with my 2019 new year resolutions, how are you doing with yours?

By Andria Perry

4 comments:

  1. You will win the battle I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! I am doing the Reduce Stuff by half! I hold on to so much but I'm now in the purging mode and find I'm loving less!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I will too, feels good to get rid of the past.

    ReplyDelete