Friday, February 22, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - Let The Clutter Be Gone! New Season In Life




It that time of the year, again! Although I feel I do not have  much stuff there are things I can get rid of in my home. Plus when I am dealing with more than one place/home things do add up.



Sunday -I moved the office furniture around, cleaning the floor as I went, making sure each section was clean before placing a piece of furniture down, I vacuumed the hall and the spare bedroom..I also cleaned the kitchen but not the floor.

Monday - Started the house cleaning.

This morning I dusted the office and removed things I did not need anymore, into the recycle bin.

Next I changed my bed sheets and washed them with the other dirty clothes. When those were done I washed the bath mats from both bathrooms.

I went through the papers on the desk.

Off to the pantry I went and removed what was sitting in the floor, tubs, laundry basket filled with homeless items,  I put things on the top shelf while standing in a chair, swept the floor.

The breakfast nook, "catch all" as I come in the door, got cleaned and things put away.

The laundry room got a good sweeping and the rug vacuumed.


 Tuesday - I took all the loaded up, a car full, recyclables to the drop off/donation bin.

Wednesday I just took a day off to rest since I have been overworking myself outside.

Thursday - I had to go to work so I did not get home till late so I really did not do anything except make new plans.


Friday - Since its finally warming up I went to work at the old home place. I seen how much I need to toss in the trash so I went by the trash pickup office and paid for three months of trash pickup. 

I know that a lot of what is there will not ever be used so I will donate what I can and trash can the rest. While some look at the big picture and shake their heads at the work, I am not like that, I see one room at a time. I see one repair at a time. But I am sure that is the landlady in me, I have had houses trashed by tenants and I got them back to excellent shape.

That is my week in review, how was yours?

By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry

4 comments:

  1. I've started some spring cleaning today. Thank goodness. I have far too much clutter. It sounds like you've gotten a good bit done this week. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, since its raining I may as well do something inside.

      Delete
  2. You have been busy. I have been a bit lazy and I need to clean up my apartment but since it is little there won't be a problem. I am lucky that I cannot clutter up this place otherwise I could not even budge an inch. Hope you have a great new week and see you online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have been thinking about down sizing, again. I lived in a very small house and I liked it, but as you say, any clutter shows.

      Delete