Sunday, September 30, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2018 September Resolution Check In




Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make the best of the time we have because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I have began to pick a word, or words, that I try to also apply to my life for the year. This year I chose the words "No Regrets" because I do not want to regret a single thing I go for this year, whether I make it all the way or I fail, I will learn either way and make myself better.

What are my resolutions? 

1- Stop buying - Grow more

For me I can do without all the junk food as long as I have ate at home before heading out for the day, however, since I am a 24/7 caregiver I do have to buy easy foods for him, or whatever he wants to eat, if and usually it does, differs from my meals.

This year my garden just did not produce enough to put up for that rainy day, it did feed me all summer, I do have okra that did make it okay in the deep freezer but I cannot depend on the power to stay on and keep it, we do have power outages and with those the food can ruin in the deep freezer.

I did get the greens planted for fall and they are thriving, so if its Gods will I will home can a few cases of those and share with family and friends.

As far as buying stuff? I have not really bought stuff but I did buy clothing, a few pair of shorts on the clearance rack to replace old worn shorts that will be tossed into the work clothes drawer, At $3 I can it was a deal and it was needed.

I can`t say this is a fail but its not 100% either so I will go with 50 - 50.

2 - Clear land - Set up rentals

Nope. Just No.

Sure I think about it, daydream what it`ll look like but as far as action? No. 

I knew this one would be a hard one to accomplish but hey! there are still three months left in this year.

100% fail.


3 - Clean, declutter and organize

Yes! I have been keeping up with the cleaning, clearing and organizing.

When we got new socks, out went the old.

When I get more supplies for the store, Sunshine`s home stead creations, meant I sold products, means success is on its way.

Just this past weekend I did a super cleaning,besides the normal kitchen, living room and dining room cleaning I  washed the walls of the laundry room after removing everything, I took the rest of the clothes hangers out and out them in the trunk of the car to go into the donation box. I washed the throw rug and wiped down the appliances. Its feels nice and light.

I cleaned my bedroom and my bathroom, although they are minimal they were in  need of a good dusting, mopping and vacuuming, besides the normal sheet changing and toilet/sink/tub cleaning. 

I cleaned out a small cabinet in the breakfast nook, I got rid of most of the things I had stored there. Keeping the new aluminum baking pans, baggies and paper plates.

I will say in this area and this resolution is a 100% accomplishment. 

4 - Take a vacation

I know I need one and I know I want one but the main problem is getting someone to feed the dogs and cat while I am away. Big Sigh.

100% fail. 

That is how I am doing with this years resolutions, 9 months gone.

How are you doing for 2018? 

If you are interested in seeing what I have been doing click here: https://sunshineshomesteadcreations.com


By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to say I made progress on all of my goals finally. I cleaned pout my cabins and started working on my novel. I have at least started getting things figured out for my spiritual shop. A little progress is better than no progress at all.

    ReplyDelete