Tuesday, September 25, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - And Life Flew By




One day I looked up at the calendar and its almost October, but how? I mean, I just making the clean up plan for the year? 

I sit here on the last Tuesday of September with no plan for the day, so I figured I would catch up on writing, cleaning and I have an order to fill for Sunshine`s homestead creations 

 Since the water intake hose to the washer is leaking, a pin hole, and another will be put on shortly, I decided to clean the laundry room first. 

I spend so much time in the kitchen, cleaning, that sometimes I let the small laundry room go, its not really what I call nasty but it can use a good cleaning, especially since the washer and dryer will be pulled out.

I have removed everything that could be in the way, the large throw rug, the broom and mop and the dirty clothes basket. I went one stop further and I removed all the colored clothes hangers, put them into a box and out they went to the car. I will sell those in the next yard sale. 

At one time I "was" obsessed about my closet and the color hangers would go on each color of clothing, this worked for me to stay clutter free. Now that its under control I only use white for my clothing, once again.


I also gave my sister 3 bottles of All that was perfumed, I cannot believe I used that, no wonder we couldn`t breathe! I make my own now so the bottles on the shelf are my old All no scent bottle with my washing liquid, I also have the powder that I do like better and it takes up less space so its what I will make from now own.

The Fall Of The Year Plan 

As we all know what we plan for the year in January can change in a flat second by October, so by realizing that a one year plan may not work out, we have to change it here and there to make life as easy as possible. As we grow as a person, the plan will change.

Although the foundation of the plan is still the main goal, get rid of clutter and a cleaner life, we will have to allow for the things that do change.

The main goal for me is to clean out the summer clothes, I did the winter, well back in the winter, but as winter is getting closer I need to get rid of old summer stuff. 



To organize the home canning I did earlier in the summer and to take inventory for what vegetables I will need for winter. More about that click here : Learning to live free  

Since this office is where I spend a lot of time I need to just give it a good old fashion scrub down.

What was on the January list that I should have done but have not? 

That shed. I did take some stuff out but it did not get past making another mess in the garage. One day soon! I will load the truck and just head straight to the thrift store for a major donation!

Now that I have sat down and took a look at my life and its nearly October, I may be able to accomplish the tasks around here before the years end.

How about you? Did you accomplish the "cleaning plan" so far for 2018?

By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry




5 comments:

  1. I finally started working on my novels. I got rid of over 100 books that were just sitting around. These days I seem to be going nonstop, thing are very very busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good thing, I finally let go of all those books a few years back and it felt wonderful.

      Delete
  2. I am in shock. I thought I just arrived in Florida. What do you mean September is almost over? Someone owes me some days. I cannot keep up and now i have two major things before me. Waiting for an answer from the publishing company to do my formatting and getting my second book of poems on the way and the second thing finding out when my boxes from Latvia will finally arrive. They should have been here in September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they get there soon. Good luck with your new book!

      Delete
  3. Time is really fast. I will not be having Winter blues this year as I am still here in the tropics. I will skip the winter this year and just enjoy my Philippines life as long as I can. Before I will know, it will be New Year again. There are already Christmas decorations in the shops and malls here and I heard Christmas songs every where.

    ReplyDelete