Tuesday, February 6, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - Week One and February goal


There are many parts to life and cleaning and having stuff is just one part. This one part can consume our lives if you allow it. Nowadays its very easy to allow stuff to rule us, how well do I know this fact, but we can let go and learn we do not have to live for stuff, get out of the habit of bringing in more things that we really don`t need and taking good care of what we do have.
City dump


Cleaning and getting rid of things. Cleaning and organizing what I keep. And then there is just everyday/weekly cleaning.

I wash laundry twice a week, usually two loads each time and I wash dishes daily, by hand, usually at the end of the day. These two chores are a must for me.

Last week I kept up with the changing the bed sheets once a week for me and twice a week for Tony.

I have made sure to vacuum all the carpets, and sweep the kitchen nightly.

I cleaned both bathrooms.

I make sure I take the trash out daily or very other day, by just doing this my house smells so much better.

February Goals ........

I do make the four resolutions each year and each year I am finding it easier to get them done, if I apply something. I find that breaking them down makes them more doable, I go to each resolution and apply something, anything, to just get it started toward accomplishing the whole resolution. 


Last Month, January, I picked the kitchen and pantry. #3 of the resolutions, clean, organize and remove clutter. I accomplished that monthly goal toward the whole resolution.

Since we have had some really nice days I thought I would make the garage and carport my goal to clean up for February. #3 resolution.

I began this clean up in late January by building a section of the fence but on Saturday Feb. 3rd. I kicked it up a notch and got busy. I worked three hours non stop. I completed another section of fence and I removed everything from under the carport/ shed. At the end of the day I had several piles, one rotten wooden stuff to burn and one plastic to recycle and another of metal stuff to recycle. I had two very large trash bags filled with trash that I took to my sisters trash can.

I parked the car inside this carport! And I only like a 4 foot section of fence to make and erect, then fence will be solid across the back. (I may have a section of fence at the old home place I can put into place here, I have to check that before I buy any more lumber)

I do have another car inside this same carport and beside it is a few things that need to be removed but that should not take an hour to clean up and clear it out and this project is finished.

As far as the debris I removed, I can get that cleaned up in no time also, That is the plan for my Tuesday Feb. 6th.

When I get this goal completed I will make another smaller goal for February toward the big picture, resolution #3.

How do you do life?

You might also like : New Year, New Goals  

By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry

12 comments:

  1. I'm approaching large projects with a "15-minute Rule." Spend 15 minutes each day or once a week on a particular goal . It might go longer but never under. Sooner or later the goal is reached without becoming overwhelmed or over-thinking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes great courage to not only set the goals but share them publicly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one is perfect and once I was told my words helped someone else get their life back together, so IF my struggle can help one person, I am glad to talk about hoarding and cleaning.

      Delete
  3. I make lists. I write down what I want to accomplish that day. If something doesn't get done, I put it down on the next day's list. I also try to do one thing on my list before I do anything for pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't throw away...in fact I maintain cluttered storage areas *for reasons*. (Depressive sister is welcome to think that merely discouraging her visits is "the" reason; that, too.) But whatever works for you and Tony! Home health care sometimes mandates lots of bare floor space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No home health care here! I am the only caregiver, I would welcome help!

      Delete
  5. I don't make long range goals as a rule. However, I did get tags for the little neon so I have my work rig back finally. I scoured the bedroom floor. We got grocery shopping done and everything is put away; much more meat that we normally get because we were able to go in to Polson, about 70 miles away (and got to see 2 bald eagles, 2 huge white geese, a Harrison hawk, and some big horns along the way). I now have seed starter so I can start planting some indoor stuff finally. This all been since the first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good job! What type of seed started do you use?

      Delete
  6. It sound like you made really good progress toward goal #3! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for getting the car in the carport! I'm in the organization mode still. It seems never ending but slowly I'm getting things done and removing clutter.

    ReplyDelete