Tuesday, February 13, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - Minimalism Monday On Tuesday



Working and getting rid of clutter plus cleaning house can be a very hard job to do. You would think that when you are not home so much that things would not need cleaning or the house would stay neat but that is not the case.

I have been juggling two jobs for a couple years now and its hard to clean house but I am managing, even if I just do one little thing each day.

The past week I have had to work full time at both jobs, how? I bring one job with me to do another, the caregiver job.  I will leave him at my uncles house in the neighborhood or he will sit on the porch and chat with the neighbors. If I will not be long he will sit or sleep in the car, but he says its better than staying at home all the time.

The Cleaning :

The past week I did manage to clean, somewhat, and keep the house neat regardless of going out to work.

I changed the bed sheets, washed them, folded and put them away, I have a couple sets for each bed so as soon as I removed the dirty sheets I have a clean set to put back on.

I vacuumed the living room, dining room and my bedroom, I did this one evening after work before I sat down to relax.

I swept the kitchen more than once but that is a must when we cook daily.

I always wash dishes daily, usually after dinner to get them done and out of the way.

I washed a few more loads of laundry and put those away, most of the time I do those on one day unless I work 7 days, that is when I will start a load as soon as I walk into the house coming home from work.

I did the paperwork, filed it and have a pretty clean dining room table but I am still doing taxes so I cannot have it all cleared, not yet.

What Went Out?

I did gather a few more bags of trash up and took it to my sisters trash can, she has pick up, from the yard clean up. I also had several bags for the plastic recycle bin.

I moved some plants into the spare room and I needed to relocate the dehydrator, so I cleaned out a cabinet in the kitchen, wiped it down and put it under there, I do not use it daily but I do use it and I will keep it. 

From that kitchen cabinet I removed plastic storage bowls and ash trays ( Tony does not smoke anymore ) I loaded all that up and gave it to my sister. I told her if she did not want it to give it away, or toss it.

Recyclables. I took all those to the recycle bin except one bag of soda cans and I will take those off when I get another. I usually take two to four at a time and collect money for those.

What Came In? 

The past week was a week of buying only for work and nothing was bought and brought in other than a few food items for the fridge.

So, I have maintained the housework and went to work also. 


At the end of the day, do not forget to sit down and have your cup of coffee :) How was your past week? 

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

13 comments:

  1. The hardest part for me remains the first step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate cleaning, I wish I had your resolve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Angie how you get all that done I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, you have full of energy. You do a lot of things that I felt tired by just thinking how you managed all those work. Don´t forget to unwind every now and then and have a cup of coffee. I hope you will have a wonderful relaxing Valentine´s Day tomorrow. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I intend to not work hard but I still have one job to do.

      Delete
  5. Right now I've been working on nerves. Today I finally had a talk with the guy in charge of flipping the house next door. Told him to get my side of his building done. I need to get my yard and plants back in order. He is costing me money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of organizing and cleaning done --- snow and ice storm kept us home for 3 days...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes, I can not believe all that you get done. My place is small and it seems like i am always in a circle of cleaning.

    ReplyDelete