Thursday, May 4, 2017

The 2017 Resolutions - Monthly Check In- How Are You Managing?



I almost forgot to do a monthly check in! I think checking in is very important because it keeps me grounded with that I desire to accomplish this year. 

Lets take a look at what I tried and what I did not do anything on for the month of April, remember I am reflecting on last month.

This year I also picked a word for my year, what I wish to accomplish. My word for the year is : Satisfaction. I picked this word because I want to feel satisfied with everything I do in the year 2017.

My 2017 resolutions are :

1 - Buy Solar Panels and the accessories - Get off the grid.

Last month I ordered the solar power motion detector lights, I did get them but I have yet to charge and install them. :(

Life is so uncertain this month so I do not want to buy a system or lease one just yet. If things go bad I may move into a smaller home, but the goal will remain for solar power. 

I will say 50 -50 accomplishment / failed


2- Write more- Finish the book and write another. Blog more for money.

I have been writing and its still for pennies but I am looking at thing like this.... the more I write the better I get, the more I let go and write what I feel and not hold back the netter a book will be, writing is not just telling a story but you have to describe the moment, the air the smell .. what you hear and what is happening all around.

But I am making money online and that is always a good thing.

I will say 50 -50 accomplishment / failed

3 - Lose 25 pounds and get back on a vegetarian diet.

I am stuck, I did gain one pound back and I am standing still at that weight. 

As far as eating less meat I am, I am so sick of food I hate to cook, I used to love to make meals now its a burden, kind of makes me want to buy those horrible t.v. dinners.

So I will grade this resolution 50 -50 accomplishment / failed.

4 - Learn to ask people for help.

I always add a resolution that will be the hardest to accomplish and this one is it, do I expect to fail? Yes and No. 

People are complicated. Its not like when I was a kid and someone had a problem and the friends would gather and tackle it to help someone. Nowadays you have to pay, one way or another. 

I have had volunteers and later they came back to rob me, they just used that opportunity to get inside and spot things to come back and steal.

So no I have not asked anyone for help.

100% fail.

That is how my life is shaping up, my resolutions /Goals for the year 2017. How about yours? 


By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry

8 comments:

  1. It has been quite a year so far.... time to regroup here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not accomplished the things I thought I could this first quarter of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have forgotten what mine even were. Now, that you did this I am going to have to look. I do know, that at least one had to do with writing. I have been doing a lot of work on my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes keep the lit handy to see, so you can go for them.

      Delete
  4. Cheers (literally) for hanging in with resolutions to lose weight. Brisk movement is key for me. When I catch myself moving slowly I'm likely to be adding flab; when I sprint through the chores and walk briskly to and from town I'm losing flab. (When I eat less, I'm losing muscle.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you here! Missed you.

      I try to stick to all of them each year.

      Delete