Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Minimalist - Out It Went


As the weeks pass I am back to making better decisions about life in general. It is strange how we lose our way and then notice we are wandering around in life without meaning and just the daily grid of work and home, over and over.

I am like most people and I do not know how things got put here and put over there but I took time to put it in the car and put it in the donation box or to another appropriate place that it will be used for its intended purpose. It was a truck load.

For the rental houses Tony had rooted a few shrubs and those were delivered and put into the ground.

The frames were put at the old home place because I have decided what to do with that place, double duty as an office and a place to frame the art. I may even start up my Craig`s list selling and do it from this house.

Next was dropping off around fifty canned goods, mostly Progresso soup. I am restocking some soups and giving away the older stock. I gave all of it to the homeless guy that will be renting a house from me soon.

That much I got taken off last Friday. The office is still clean and NO clutter. 

Tomorrow I plan to drop off a lamp, I did not want it broken in the back of the truck so I am driving the car next time I go to the old home place and I can drop it out then.

I managed to get all the laundry clean and put away today, I have my recyclables by the back door to drop off. The trash is out of the house, some taken off, some burned.

I have not done the paper work or filed the coupons.

The kitchen is clean but I need to mop that floor.

Seems I have so much to do and not enough time to get it all done. That means I need to ask for a little help, from who I am not sure but I will find someone to help me get caught up, whether I hire them for work or my home.

How are you doing managing life?

By Andria Perry

2 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to do the same, but I keep putting it off. My bedroom is packed, and I can't add another thing until I clean it. I don't have the incentive. I was going to buy something new to give myself a reason to clear out the old stuff. As twisted as that sounds, it works for me sometimes. I really need to go through my old clothes, but I'm putting that off too. I'd love to get rid of most of my things. It would feel like freedom if I could let go of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay you have got to the first step, take out ten items and reward yourself with only ONE thing. Next time take twenty for ONE new thing. Before long you have only what you want, A clean room and new things you ARE using.

      Delete