Sunday, November 10, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - November Clean Out




Saturday the 2nd.  

I walked into the pantry for tissue and I noticed how things had.... had... relaxed in this room and I had to move something from the floor to reach the top shelf where the tissue lives. 

Time to clean it out!

And that is what I did! I went to work moving things out into the laundry room and kitchen. I swept and mopped the floor and put the shelves back in, not all of them but just what I need, one, besides what is already up the wall.

What I had noticed was that there were items in there that did not belong, tools for one. None of those items came back to the pantry, it was just a place to dump things. This is for food only! with the exception of toilet paper, paper towel, napkins and kleenx that lives on the tip top shelf that I need a chair to reach. I also keep the small tubs of vegetable seed, that is food too just not made yet.

I ended up with a trash can full of items that were no longer needed and a few that had expired. Tools and car items organized neatly in their own space.

I now have a nice, clean pantry.

Saturday the 9th. 

I had ordered a futon, click clack sofa, for the living room. Did I need this? Not really but I got it for a reason I won`t share at this time.

I wanted to rearrange the room and make it work, So I moved the sofa and vacuumed first and I went from there. Before I knew it I had cleaned under everything in the living room and placed the small futon.

This was another huge clean up. The older I get the harder it is for me to move these big pieces of furniture. Down sizing has become appealing. Smaller everything. 

Have you accomplished any clean ups and clean outs?

By Andria Perry

Photo By Andria Perry

4 comments: