Tuesday, October 29, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2019 Resolution - October Check In


Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make the best of the time we have because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I make a word, or phrase, of how I plan to be for the year and this year I have chosen " Dream it, Do It." I chose this because I am making my dreams come true a little at a time, the time to get them finished is now, year 2019!

Here are my 2019 resolutions :



1 - Reduce Spending By Half

After losing a few pounds I did have to buy a couple new items, but the good part of being a hoarder, yes the only good part, is that I do have a few smaller clothes I can wear, in the wintertime switch out tub.

Other than buying materials for the online store 'Sunshine`s Homestead Creations' I am doing great, with no impulse buys. 

75% Accomplishment



2 - Reduce Stuff By Half

This is a "Hell Yes!"

I have cleared out half of the junk here at this place. 

I have cleaned out the old home place. It is down to bare bones so I can get the work done on it, so much easier than there is no stuff in the way.

I have ditched/ trashed more clothing.

I am eating from the deep freezer and the home canned foods.

I still have to go through the shed but its yard sale junk for the most part.

100% accomplishment.


3 - Set Up Sunshine`s Homestead Creations Store

Nope, not there just yet. However, I got a call just last night and it was good news about the building.

Fingers crossed!

I did work more on the book, that will be part of the new store. I am also adding more than just body products to the online store. I have hand made salves from organic plants harvested here on the homestead.

Things are moving along.

The online store is open and ready for your business "Sunshine`s Homestead Creations"

75% accomplishment




4 -  Cut Out Sweets - Kick diabetes ass!

I went back to the doctor, they have a new one at the clinic and I was disappointed because I want the other doctor to know my progress and that I did follow the best I could a 1200 calorie a day diet.

I have not got my A1C numbers back but I am sure it is down and I will call today.

Total weight loss is in for this four month check up: 

I began with a weight of 154 back at the end of June. 

Now at the end of October I weigh in at 141, a 13 pound loss. I do intend to lose those last 7 pounds this year.

I have to say that I do feel better on this 1200 calorie a day diet, as long as I eat more vegetables. If I eat 1200 calories of junk food I feel blah and tired.

I know I can do better so this is just 75% accomplishment.

So, that is how I am doing with my 2019 new year resolutions, how are you doing with yours?

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry

2 comments:

  1. I pray you will get the building. For me, I have done mor writing in October than I have done all year all. My dreams are finally moving forward.

    ReplyDelete