Tuesday, April 10, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - There Is Me and There Is Me




 I feel like I should be further along in this journey than I am. Seems like every time I get to that place of peace and minimal enough to load up and go when I want and not be bogged down, someone leaves me stuff.

I mean why couldn`t they leave me money or a house? Why stuff? I already have a lot of stuff. And their stuff is not my style, although its not ugly, its not me. Then comes that guilty feeling that I should keep it even though I am not into it. I pack it back, hoping to forget about it and years pass and I still have whatever it was in those tubs.

Now I am facing doing that work once again, looking at it all and donating it, maybe let some family riffle through it, get what they want. Man! What an unnecessary job to have to do, I should have walked away from it all. But No! I could not allow that little creep take what she wanted me to have.

I am getting back to this..... this.... mess. I have been hard on the subject the passed few days since I know for the most part I am off this week, clean up that mess, get it outta here.


The cleaning 



First things first, I got 2 acres mowed, it liked to have killed me but I did it. I swear even with a riding mower it will beat the shit out of a century old body.

Next I got to all the paperwork, I got all of the tax prep done and to the CPA, filed more receipts and got rid of old coupons. Clean dining room table!

I had one day alone so I jumped on that time and I cleaned, vacuumed and dusted and put things in their place, the living room, dining room and kitchen. 

While cleaning I had laundry going, each time one load finished I did another and took the dry load to my bed.

I took a break from cleaning and made dinner. After dinner I washed up those dishes and put them away, still a clean kitchen.

Next was my bedroom, I had vacuumed it when I did the other rooms so all I had to do was dust and fold about a million loads of laundry piled high on me bed, I refused to sleep with it.


What went out? 

Over the weekend I cleaned out a few drawers, for both of us, I did the underwear drawers, out went all of those holey socks! I had an entire small plastic grocery sack filled.

Next I tossed a pair of old work shoes, they hurt my feet anyways.



I took all the recycling to the drop off bin and I bagged up a trash bag filled with aluminum cans to sell next week.

Not much so far but hey! its better than nothing at all.


What came in? 

As far as food just produce, fridge stuff, nothing to stock up on.



I bought more solar power stuff but I am not looking at that as junk, its going to save me money in the long run.

I am pretty sure that is about it.

How was your past week? Do anything to get to your cleaning or organizing goals? 

By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry 

After thoughts

Just because I want to live a minimal lifestyle that does not mean I don`t like nice clothes and pretty jewelry, with that being said I do shop for both. I just try to find that happy medium and not become a hoarder. I apply the one in and one out, even if I gift the used stuff to someone I know.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”




4 comments:

  1. I've stalled out on my 2018 in 2018 challenge. I need to get back to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My time went to work, but now I have a little time on my hands so I am trying to play catch up.

      Delete
  2. It is hard to find a path - you are ahead of most of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure about that, but I am trying for sure.

      Delete