Saturday, April 28, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - Do While The Doing Is Good


Minimalist - Hoarder. Minimalism - Hoarding. Becoming something. Becoming everything.

Life is short and the days are going by faster and faster. What have we done with our lives? Gathered stuff for what? To make life easier? Sure but then we are slaves to the stuff because we have to pay for it, clean it, take care of it with repairs.

I often wonder when or rather how life got to the point of "we have to have that or this to live." Things to make us happy.

The fine line, that is where I am at today. Not one or the other.

Today I think to much.

The Minimalist 

Days and days of cleaning, I can hear the facebook group right now " Don`t clean it, get rid of it!" but the facts of life is that we do own stuff and we do want stuff, I am not sure if people really live like some claim to live.

There are days when I wished I was a hermit living in the woods, on a one room shack, skinny as a rail and living on fish I caught free in a public lake. Only caring about getting free fire wood in to keep me warm and a quilt to wrap up in and sleep. That used to be the life.

 The closet:

I cleaned out my closet this past weekend, I made sure to try on everything but I did not toss much out, A few shirts that were way to big. A couple pair of worn out work shoes. A huge bag of plastic hangers. I put away my nicer winter clothing, most with new tags because I did not get to go anywhere to wear them the past winter.

The spare bedroom :

I also made it to the spare bedroom/ stockpile room. Opps! I said a dirty word " stockpile" but yeah I have one because I can my own food as I grow it.

I got rid of pictures that were under the bed. and cleaned that room  well. 

The Hoarder

 The closet:  

I bought a couple more tubs for my huge closet, the clear ones so I can see what is inside them. I took clothes from the solid blue tubs for the paperwork I need to keep for the business, how many years to keep? I have no idea. then I put those clothes and the winter clothes into the new tubs, why keep them? Most of them have new tags and that is clothes I won`t have to buy next winter.

The spare bedroom :

The canning jars! I do have enough, so far. I am sure I have more empty than full at the moment and absolutely NO, I will not get rid of them. These jars will last me for years and years, future food will go into them. Less and less money will be spent.


And More:

Its Saturday and I am about to get busy cleaning the home office. Its not to bad, just needs a good dusting and a few things put away. 

Its Spring and I will next enjoy the great outdoors and a pick up truck, loading up junk from the shed that needs to go! :)


How is your life going?  Did anything Major? 


By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry

Don`t forget Mom! Mothers day is coming soon, buy her the perfect gift of jewelry, its small and won`t take up much space. 

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”


5 comments:

  1. I know I tend towards the keeping rather than discarding side, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my stuff, as well. I can't help it. I especially love my clothes and my purses. Yes, I could live without most of them. But if I can keep them; I will. This is just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won`t add to mine but I will use up what I have before adding more.

      Delete