Tuesday, May 1, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2018 April Resolution Check In




Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make what we of time because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easier and two are harder.

I have began to pick a word, or words, that I try to also apply to my life for the year. This year I chose the words "No Regrets" because I do not want to regret a single thing I go for this year, whether I make it all the way or I fail, I will learn either way and make myself better.

What are my resolutions? 

1- Stop buying - Grow more
Now its time to really get busy with planting more foods for the home canning, by home canning I cut out so many additives. I use mostly a dash of salt and that is all. I did inventory this past week and I know I need to make more meals in the jar.

I have tomatoes getting red, since i planted 6 plants very early. I have the rest of the plants outside hardening them off to go into the ground.

I have bought okra, squash and mixed green seed for a start to this years garden.

I do not recall buying anything but a couple tuns for the winter clothes.

This is a 100% accomplishment for April.

2 - Clear land - Set up rentals

I have not dug into getting anyone to come out, the cousin that primed has not shown up. Maybe I should look for someone else. 

This is a 100% fail!

3 - Clean, declutter and organize

YES! I am working on this resolution. I cleaned out my closet and that was the big deal! I had stuff in that closet that did not need to be in there but I can remember that there was no other place for it. 
I got rid of clothes and a couple pair of shoes. I bought a couple clear tubs and put the winter clothes away.

I went through all the drawers, cleaned them out of things I did not need anymore. I have one left and my bedroom is done with the getting rid of things I do not need anymore.

Next was the spare bedroom/ stockpile room, yes I tore my home canned good in there, its not used so why not?  I had a few pictures under the bed that I am getting rid of and I know I will NOT need anymore mason jars this year. I had stocked up last year when there was a $3 off coupon for each case.

I also had Tony to go through all his fishing stuff and he put the excess in a clear small flat tub and he threw away a bunch that was no longer good.

I started on the home office and I almost got it cleaned from top to bottom.

My plan for May is the shed.

This resolution is a 100% accomplishment.

4 - Take a vacation

I bet after you read the above you think this one did not happen, right? 

That would be a yes and a no!

No I did not go anywhere on a vacation but I did take several days off. I did not do very much beside cook and wash the whites. I laid around, read a couple books... yes 2 novels!

So there I took a mini stay-cation. 

Next will be the big vacation. I am sure I can get someone to feed the pets.

So this one is a 50% - 50%.

There ya go the fourth month of the year of 2018 gone but I am working on what I want to happen in my life.

How about you, have you gotten your resolutions on its way to happening? 

By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry

4 comments:

  1. You are doing great. I did do some planting. Just a little because I have had trouble growing anything here. I clean out my barn. I did not make as much room as I was hoping to. But, at least that is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be like taking a vacation when I leave all this behind me and head for the states in June. Tell me, I have many choices but two of the best and which I cannot decide upon are take a plane to Oslo and from there to Florida or contain my fear of flying which I have not done since the terror acts started and have someone and whatever personal things I have left to take with me drive me to France and take a ship. The sea voyage would calm my nerves. Which way should I go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not scared of flying so I would fly and have my things shipped and waiting for me, I get so sea sick I would never be able to take a ship. BUT you have to do what you are comfortable with, so take the ship.

      Delete