Saturday, March 31, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2018 March Resolution Check In




Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make what we of time because before you know it, time had slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easier and two are harder.

I have began to pick a word, or words, that I try to also apply to my life for the year. This year I chose the words "No Regrets" because I do not want to regret a single thing I go for this year, whether I make it all the way or I fail, I will learn either way and make myself better.

What are my resolutions? 

1- Stop buying - Grow more

Ahhh, the sweet warmth of Spring! It is spring here in central Alabama and I am proud to say that I have planted several early tomato plants outside, all have tomatoes or are filled with blooms.



I put one potted sweet green bell pepper on the deck but it did not take to the coolness well and I brought it back inside.

As far as food is concerned I am still buying, not as much but its a must right now.

The buying of stuff? 

Yes I have bought a few new things, one obsession I still have is shower curtains and bath rugs to match. Yes I did but new and a couple new towels as well, I am still keeping the others as well.

I did buy a new dish drainer and the old one went out, it was old and the plastic coating was flaking off the metal so its outta here.

Other than that I have not done any serious buying.

Yep, This is an accomplishment because I controlled myself and spending.

2 - Clear land - Set up rentals

This resolution is one of the harder ones as I have stated before, sometimes I can achieve the hard one and sometimes it will spill over into another year.

So.....

I did see someone I know with equipment that can clear it and I did ask him to do a drive by and give me a price, but I have not heard back yet.

I have not had time to get with the commissioner about the drainage problem but that I can do sooner than later.

On the right track = Accomplishment coming my way!

3 - Clean, declutter and organize

I did not get my life back till around the 11th. of the month and then the other job kicked in so March was not a month for my needs, as in home, but more as another whole month of working.

Even with that said I did haul off a truck load to the dump from the outside and I have gotten most of the front yard under control once again. 

I gave away a car, so that one is out of the way.

Last night I did an inventory of my over the counter medications, when I did I also cleaned out an entire cabinet, organizing it and I made more space.

The cleaning is beginning to happen again in my home, one thing I accomplished was throwing out all the coupons that were expired, I have not bought coupons in almost two months, however, I am still getting them from a friend each week, most of the time I use the ones for toilet paper and animal feed, that is all. I always seem to have a lot of paperwork/mail/I have no ideal why.

Life can be hard when you have to work and then come home to work but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and that is what matters.

I will say this has improved, its an accomplishment. 

4 - Take a vacation

Well, we all know from reading above this did not happen. 

But I have tossed around a couple ideas for a Summer vacation, somewhere I have never been. 

I won`t say where just yet because I have not done the homework on these places, the cost of motel and the price to visit the places I want to see.

And I am thinking about hitting up 2 destinations at once, one on the way to the other or vice versa. 

Not a complete fail because I have just about made my mind up, if I cannot afford where I would love to go, I will do these other two places. 

There ya go the third month of the year of 2018 gone but I am working on what I want to happen in life.

How about you? graining ground?

By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”



13 comments:

  1. I hope you fit a vacation in somewhere because you work very hard and need that break. Good luck with everything that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacation is sometimes the only thing worth working for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a dusting of snow the last two nights, but that is spring in Montana. Despite that, I've begun getting the church flowerbeds ready for planting and while doing that, I noticed that several snapdragons are coming back up and that the pansies have vastly multiplied. I will need to do some major separating of pansies. We also made a 70 mile trip to the nearest population center yesterday, which only happens every 2-3 months.

    As for vacations, in the rare event that we take a vacation, it is normally a camping trip that lasts a few days. That is relaxing to us and what most folks think of as a vacation would be the opposite for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to you! I have faith that you'll reach some of your goals this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy for your progress. I'm stuck on taxes and continuing the decluttering. I must finish the first and make lots more progress on the latter before I get my life back. We have almost got the garage to the place where I can almost finish it myself. Right now I still need help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will soon all fall into place. I just turned in my tax prep last week to the CPA.

      Delete
  6. Your are going better than I am. I feel like I have not gotten anything thing done.YET!

    ReplyDelete