Wednesday, March 21, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - Don`t Jinx It!




 Since I got the rental house redone and rented I get to stay home more, somewhat. 

Seems like when one job ends and I can rest and get back to home life the other job kicks in, and it did. 

BUT.... enough with those excuses to be nasty and hoard, although I want to whine and just take naps, Yes I did off and on for a week :)  it is spring and things are kicking in high gear, grass, pollen and dust, you cannot just stop.

So, where was I before getting interrupted by making a living? 

Cleaning the outside! Yes cleaning around the house before snakes and other critters get to roaming around.

I had cleaned another section of this place that has not been used at all, then I moved junk out of the garage into that area, separated the recycling from the take to the dump from the keep pile. BUT.... then I had to just leave it to work a month.


 After a day of recovery from working so much, I got back into the grove of cleaning up my own. First I took off the plastic and metal to the recycle center, then a few days later I loaded an entire truck with garbage to go to the dump.

I still have a little to do in that area before I let the dogs inside it for hiding out, they will make that their hide out I am sure.

Next I took an evening and I mowed around the house, I did the small area in the back and around all the trees.

The next day I got out the riding mower and mowed the entire two acres, even what was left to do from last year from before I got the rider.

AND.....

Today was the biggie! I gave a car away.

Back in the year 2000 my dad bought a car in my name, he said it would be mine clear when he died, all he asked was to drive him to his doctor appointments and to get groceries, he never drove it. Its a 1995 Subaru, Legacy. 

Now I know you are thinking " that is an old car!" and yes it is but its still looks good and it will run, just needs a battery and an oil change, just stuff like that. I gave it to my sister since she gave up drinking several years ago I feel its okay for her to drive again.

One more thing gone that cannot hold me back if I need to just go.... move. Not that I have plans to move but there has been talk of looking for a summer home.

She was excited when the roll back delivered it, I could hear it in her voice.

Okay, now to the what was brought in.



I did buy a solar panel kit and battery, I wished when a storm passed a few days ago and we lost power that it was up and going but I have not made it that far.

A relative also gave me a couple kitchen facets and that type stuff that was nice for me to store for the rental houses. I try to be careful about what I take because it can become a hoard and pile up, when you cannot find what I need I end up buying another.

So I think that is a pretty good balance, out with the old and in with the new..... not just the new but solar! The beginning to the next end.

More cleaning?

Yes I managed to get the living room, dining room and my bed room vacuumed, the living room and dining room dusted. 

I moved the citrus trees outside, I usually leave those in for another month but the blooms were so strong smelling they had to go out just to breath.

I have changed the bed sheets this week.

I have kept the laundry and the dishes cleaned up after use.

I had started on the kitchen but I had cleaned out the truck and the car so I had boxes of stuff that needed to be put away/organized sitting in the corner.

Although I did nor complete the house cleaning I do feel like I have accomplished a lot in the last couple weeks, all the while still working most days.

I would like to say I think life is getting back to normal around here for me, I do not want to jinx myself :) how about you, how is your minimal hoarding life?

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry


NOTE : I have included several awesome books to help people learn how to get rid of things, things they they want to keep but have no need for them. As hard as it was for me, I finally gave away a car I was not driving. You can get rid of things and make life easier.




We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”








6 comments:

  1. 1995 is old?? LOL Actually my car is a 1998. I can only dream of owning anything that isn't 20 years old or so.....would be nice though to have a newer and nicer vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have one that no one has owned before me :)

      Delete
  2. Cheers to you! I'm almost glad to have another week, or even two, before spring goes into high gear here. (Kitten still wanted to spend the day indoors, when I left the house, outside thermometer showing about 20 degrees Fahrenheit.)

    At least the Big Wet Snow missed us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! It sounds like you got quite a bit done. I should have used these two snow days to deep clean, but I rested instead (and that's ok. I needed it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes we just have to give up and rest.

      Delete