Saturday, August 31, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2019 Resolution - August Check In




Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make the best of the time we have because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I make a word, or phrase, of how I plan to be for the year and this year I have chosen " Dream it, Do It." I chose this because I am making my dreams come true a little at a time, the time to get them finished is now, year 2019!

Here are my 2019 resolutions :


1 - Reduce Spending By Half

I actually had to stop and think, I mean really think about spending in August!

I cannot recall buying anything except food, medication and gas for the car the whole month.

I am sure I am passed that urge to impulse buy. I don`t feel the need to have more.

100% accomplished.

2 - Reduce Stuff By Half



I have worked on this one for sure! For one, I might be moving soon and I`m not taking a bunch of junk with me that I do not need. 

I have worked through most of the what not`s and gave them away or sold them, however, I did keep a few of my favorites.

One closet is done with only pillows,blankets and Christmas decor.

I have a couple tubs left in the garage and I know its all going into the trash can so I will take the trash bags, fill them and haul it off to the dump.

As slow as this process feels, I am making it happen. 

100% accomplished.

3 - Set Up Sunshine`s Homestead Creations Store



While this resolution is one of the harder ones, it is still doable.

I began working on this one in the winter and where I had thought I wanted everything placed it was all wrong, I now know where and how. No I have not began the actual grade off for the building, it is settled, I do have a space.

I have started with safety and alarm systems first, as told to me by the attorney to do, so I am working on this one and I "see" it and that is a huge plus for me. To see it will come together.

Beginning September I will add a new line of products to the online store that I have tested over the summer. Check out what I have to offer at the online store : Sunshine`s Homestead Creations

 100% accomplished.

4 -  Cut Out Sweets - Kick diabetes ass!



After month two of the new 1200 calorie a day diet, well, its not really a diet I can eat what I want just keep it to 1200 calories and exercise more, I am doing better.

The first month I lost 3 and 1/2 pounds, when I was supposed to have lost 4, a pound a week.

Now that another month has passed I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. For month two I lost 5 and 1/2 pounds, making the total of 9 pounds gone.

While I did not get to walk or exercise everyday I did as many days as I could. I am still having a problem wanting sweets but I walk away from them more now than I give in.

Still I know I can do better so this is just 75% accomplishment.



So, that is how I am doing with my 2019 new year resolutions, how are you doing with yours?

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry

8 comments:

  1. You are doing great. While the past two months have been crazy for me with the move. New beginings are a wonderful thing. I have realized that fighting to get paid my worth as a spiritual healer is the wrong way to go. The spiritual Mystic is undergoing changes and there will be many short novelettes to come in the next few months. Instead of healing people, I want to show them how to find their own spiritual path and heal themselves. I have discovered this is my life purpose. We all must walk our own paths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you made a decision, I knew you were battling with this.

      Delete
    2. It took me a long to figure out just what I wanted to do and how to move forward. But, I have finally found a plan that is going to work.

      Delete
  2. I have great admiration for what you are accomplishing! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be very proud of yourself - way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete