Tuesday, October 30, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2018 October Resolution Check In




Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make the best of the time we have because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I have began to pick a word, or words, that I try to also apply to my life for the year. This year I chose the words "No Regrets" because I do not want to regret a single thing I go for this year, whether I make it all the way or I fail, I will learn either way and make myself better.

What are my resolutions? 



1- Stop buying - Grow more

I can say that this month I did do better with the shopping, I have not bought as much foods as I have before, I have cooked more from the deep freezer and the stock pile, only buying lettuce and dairy.

I have not shopped for "things" other than supplies for Sunshine`s Homestead Creations  and the rental houses.

Since its the fall of the year I am collecting greens from the garden and that is all I have left, I have yet to learn year round vegetable growing. I am beginning to get nuts also, I will, if possible clean and freeze those.

I have accomplished this 100% for October.


2 - Clear land - Set up rentals

I can say exactly what I said last month. 

Nope. Just No.

Sure I think about it, daydream what it`ll look like but as far as action? No. 

I knew this one would be a hard one to accomplish but hey! there are still two months left in this year.

100% fail.




3 - Clean, declutter and organize

Yes, I have been cleaning the house, I have kept the organization up and I know where things are that I use daily, however, I could get rid of more stuff.

I may actually have to add a shelf to the office because of the store stuff, but it does not sit, its always coming and going with each sell.

So yes 100% accomplishment for October.



4 - Take a vacation

Hmm, No. 

I had planned to take one but a hurricane came and that blew that idea away.

I got two more months to take a few days vacation, maybe I can manage someone to come and check on the dogs.

100% fail but I tried. 

That is how I am doing with this years resolutions, 10 months gone.

How are you doing for 2018? 

By Andria Perry

Photos by Andria Perry

4 comments:

  1. I had resolved to get the store open on the day of the first frost.

    We've still not had frost. This is not unprecedented in Virginia but it does feel as if even the weather's against me aaaiiiggghhh...

    Anyway, it's the first regular business day in November and the Portal is open for business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny..... your post complimented mine this week. We must be thinking on the same path. Thank you - shared

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have to get back to work today, I had a job to interfere with home this past week.

      Delete