Tuesday, July 3, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2018 June Resolution Check In


Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make what we of time because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easier and two are harder.

I have began to pick a word, or words, that I try to also apply to my life for the year. This year I chose the words "No Regrets" because I do not want to regret a single thing I go for this year, whether I make it all the way or I fail, I will learn either way and make myself better.

What are my resolutions? 

1- Stop buying - Grow more

I have to say that this is a fail and an accomplishment all in one. 

Let me explain :

A few years ago I wanted to start a new business, I tried out a few jobs but was never satisfied and so that 2016 resolution was a fail. This is how resolutions work, what I want to accomplish this year may not happen till the next year or maybe two years later.

BUT.... the seed is planted because I know I wanted this to happen in the first place so its always there waiting to happen.

So I bought and I bought and bought more, sort of in stages as it came to me what to do. I will be opening up a store but I wont announce it just yet, I am still making the products and tallying up the costs to price each.

Grow more? Yes! I got a garden in and full of grass and blooms :)

So I will not call this a failure or an accomplishment.

2 - Clear land - Set up rentals

This is still in limbo, however, its not forgotten at all. I have been in conversations about clearing and setting up a place.  At the moment its about finding someone cheap enough to clean it off.

So still not done. 100% fail.

3 - Clean, declutter and organize

Yes I have been able to keep this up, even bring in the new stuff I have it organized. 

I am slacking on the cleaning at home, work is taking over this week for sure.

This one is a 70% accomplishment and 30% fail. Not to bad.

4 - Take a vacation

Nope! not even close! I have not had a day off in months, maybe years! 

I do make plans but they are not meant to be, this last week a storm came around and blew down trees, so I have to get those cut and I move them, that storm also blew away and chance to go anywhere this week.

100% fail, I intend to work on getting this one going, I need it more than any of the others.

That is how well I am doing with this years resolutions, or goals. How are yours coming along? 

By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry

4 comments:

  1. My goals continue to putter along slowly. But I'm happy about the forward movement (no matter how small). I look forward to the unveiling of your store/business. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is still a little ways off but coming along slowly.

      Delete
  2. I have been stuck with any writing because of major wire problems with my internet. All the outside wires have to be replaced. That's why it hasn't been working right in years

    ReplyDelete