Monday, June 18, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - I Am Alive!


Yes I am still alive and well. Its been a couple weeks since my last confession, I mean check in :) 

All joking aside it really does help to keep up with the check ins, keeps me in line with the hoarding thing.

The past couple of weeks have been working, whether I am on the road or cleaning and repairing another house to be rental. I really have just been light housekeeping at my own home.

I took off this weekend and I am doing a super cleaning. 

The Cleaning :



Friday

I began Friday night with laundry, I had worked all week away from home and then tried to play catch up in the evening with the grass upkeep.

I washed four loads of laundry, well one was a medium load so three and a half loads. I dried, folded and out them ALL away. Yes this took hours to get done but I watched t.v. or washed dishes while the laundry was going. I had even changed my bed sheets and Tony`s bed sheets that night to make sure I did not have to do those on Saturday.

Saturday



Saturday I began with the paper. I filed what needed filing and went through the stack of mail. I tossed what could not be recycled, into the "I have to burn" pile and sat it by the back door.

I then went to my bedroom and cleaned out one drawer that I did not get to, when I cleaned out everything in my room, I got more for the burn only pile. I put things that were out back into their place.

I then put all of the things Tony had scattered in the living
room back into their places.

I vacuumed my bedroom, the living room and the dining room. 

Later in the day I tackled the kitchen. I did not have dirty dishes so I began to put things away that were in the counter and in the breakfast nook. (the breakfast nook seems to be the place to just leave stuff when in a hurry, I reckon because we don`t use that table for meals as much as the dining room table.)

I cleaned out the refrigerator, getting rid of any leftovers and washed up those bowls and lids. (the dogs gets the leftovers)


I wiped down the counters with a hot soapy wash cloth and dried those with a clean dry towel. I cleaned the table in the breakfast nook.

I scrubbed the kitchen sink with comet, using an old toothbrush around the facet and  I put bleach in the scouring pad holder to soak.

I swept the kitchen and laundry room floors.

I cleaned the bathroom sink, only, because it was just nasty and I could not stand it any longer.


Sunday

Sunday was a slower paced day but filled with what I hate to do the most, dust.

I dusted and cleaned my bathroom and dusted my bedroom.

I dusted the living room and dining room.

I thoroughly cleaned the other bathroom.

I washed and hung out the bathroom rugs to dry.

I swept, again, and mopped the kitchen and laundry room.

Got the trash taken out, the to be burned into a burn can and the recyclables loaded in the truck of the car.


What went out? 



I had to really think about this since life has been so busy.

I know I have got rid of magazines.

I know I gave my sister a box of toaster strudels from the stockpile in the freezer.

Besides recyclables I cannot think of anything else at the moment.

What came in? 

Around the first of the month I did buy me new shoes, daily walking shoes and a pair of sandals.

I bought a new wooden boat  paddle, the old one was plastic and had a crack in it, I was afraid I would not make it back to the dock when I seen the crack, I was across the lake. 

Well! I have been a very good girl, not buying.

The outside :



The beast! Yes this place is the beast! I can mow grass everyday and each day it seems like I have not done any.

I used most weekday evenings after work to keep up the grass mowing, what I could in the yard around the house and the fields. 

While its nice to have a big place it is not always easy to keep up, I can see myself, one day, living in the concrete jungle. 

Since it rained this past weekend not grass was mowed. 


So......

All in All, I am managing to keep my head above the water. While working two full time jobs. 



OH! good news too, I have not bought any Sunday news papers for the coupons. I have used the printer only for what I intend to buy.

Life is good.

How have you been doing with the minimal hoarding life? 

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry

8 comments:

  1. I think it's time to go no-grass by becoming a free dump place for woodchips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got a lot,, done. I have been very busy myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But that was on my weekend off, the 2 jobs is wearing me down.

      Delete
  3. You are truly a Wonder Woman. It would take me six months to get all that done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I felt like I didn`t get much done.

      Delete
  4. As I try to decide what to take and not take I am seriously considering just throwing everything out and keeping what I can put in one suitcase. As time marches on I have less time to keep up with my postings and I desperately want to get back on myLot because I do not know how soon I will have a PC in Florida. Life is complicated right now so glad you uncomplicated things for yourself at least a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life will get better! You can use the internet free at the libraries. Please keep in touch so I won`t worry.

      Delete