Tuesday, October 17, 2017

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 5 Days Later

October 17,2017

Now many of you think "What can anyone accomplish worth talking about in 5 days?"

And I am here to tell you its a lot. When you hoard and are trying to be  minimal everything is worth talking about. Even the smallest of cleaning jobs or the removal of a magazine.

The past year was not kind to me and I am now just picking up the pieces and putting life back together. Less worry there and more time for my life and home, my dreams and wishes.

The Cleaning :

Last week I tackled the office, the spare bedroom, the hall and one bathroom.

To read more click here : Back into that grove 

On Saturday I had to do a major kitchen clean up it was just terrible. I had worked at the make a living jobs and did the whole days working with the back of the house (office and bedroom, bath and hall) so I let the kitchen go except for washing dishes. I had food from the garden that needed to be prepared for the deep freezer besides cleaning. The living room and dining room were due to be vacuumed and dusted as well. I also needed to clean the lawn and the fields.

Since Tony went hunting on Saturday I began by cleaning the living room and the dining room because he is in that area most so I got it vacuumed, and dusted, put every thing back into its place that did not belong in the living room. I also filed all the paperwork on the dining room table, vacuumed and dusted that area.

The kitchen was next, I washed all the dishes and I began to slice and dice all the veggies for the freezer, got that out of the way. I wiped down all the counter tops and I swept the floors. I cleaned off the kitchen table, put thing back into their place, and wiped down those chairs and dusted the breakfast nook. I took out the trash. I did not mop.

Next I got to the laundry room. I had milk jugs filled with water that needed to go outside at the back door as well as a few recyclable items, those went to the garage. Why do I save water? Last winter I had a pipe freeze and bust, no water for three days but I used what little  I had in milk jugs to wash dishes and flus the toilet, so it saved me. I will hoard water!

So in two days, although split, I did manage to clean the house. 



On Sunday I went outside and I took care of the mowing. I picked up any trash that the wind blows into the yard, from God knows where, and I mowed for three hours. I also tackled one more section of the back grown over field, I still have about 1/3 of that area to get cleared. But Sunday I had help from Tony, he cleaned up one of his "dump" piles by burning the old throw away wood and he laid the metal aside to be taken off this coming Saturday. Although Tony is not able to do a lot right now I was proud to get that cleaned up and it was not a hard thing for him to do.

I feel accomplished with this massive clean up. 


Now its start over once again. Time to vacuum and dust my bedroom, clean the bathrooms and do the laundry. 

The Removal : 

I did not take anything out of the home within the past five days. I did not bring anything new in either, besides food.


How have you improved you life? 

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry

7 comments:

  1. Cleaning is something every woman has to do. On Saturday I cleaned my bathroom thoroughly. I have two little babies, imagine how interesting it was :))))))))) But, what a man has to do, a man does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back to my 'schedule' of cleaning. I have one; just let other things interrupt... LOL. The next couple weeks the interruptions HAVE to include the baseball playoffs/World Series as I am a baseball NUT and this is the end of the season. Can't possibly miss! :) Housework will have to be worked in around games, work and craft orders. :) I admire what you've accomplished this week, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got two hoses put up at church prior to the snow. Now I have two more, plus all those at home. I did get the chicken pen expanded and the girls love it. Yesterday we had a windstorm, though, that knocked one of the neighbor's trees over our fence. Today, he and I are slated to saw it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to have chickens next Spring. I leave my hoses out because we will process deer outside.But it does not get as cold here either. do you use the wood for firewood?

      Delete
  4. Wow...I am tired just reading this you are like a litte tornado..I haven't done half of that but have got a lot of writing done and hopefully publish my first post on my self hosted site tomorrow...fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete