Wednesday, January 30, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2019 Resolution - January Check In




Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make the best of the time we have because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I usually make a word, or phrase, of how I plan to be for the year and this year I have chosen " Dream it, Do It." I chose this because I am making my dreams come true a little at a time, the time to get them finished is now, year 2019!



Here are my 2019 resolutions :

1 - Reduce Spending By Half

I have to say that this one is a 100% accomplishment! I have stayed home more working on things that matter instead of bringing more clutter into my house. I have tossed out all the "invites" for the cheap magazines, resisted the temptation and it was not that hard since I never have time to read them anyways. I did not do any clearance rack buys and I have not over bought at the grocery store.

Now I need to find a way to save on this heating bill and I will be on a roll!

2 - Reduce Stuff By Half

This one will take some time, however, I have started.

For the most part I have cleaned up and hauled off things outside, but outside is a place of home. I took a couple black trash bags filled with plastic to the recycle bin, I also trashed a couple bags.

I have a pile of metal to haul off as well as some old large throw rugs. I do have this sorted and ready to go.

I will say I did about 10% work on this one.

3 - Set Up Sunshine`s Homestead Creations Store

This is where most of my time has been spent.

I have a space to put a building to use for the store but the problem is that it has to be cleared of brush and trees, it also is the bone yard, so to speak, for the rental houses. A cement block here, windows there, garden trimming and more.

A couple hours a day, on warm days, I have been cutting down trees and clipping down bushes and vines. I have a spot clean! I just have to move the windows and its ready for the building to be moved and set up. 

Not all the way there but 100% accomplishments for working in this one extremely hard.

4 -  Cut Out Sweets - Kick diabetes ass!

I mentioned when I wrote out this list that it would be easy this year but...... I make a face here..... I have failed 100% on this resolution. I think I ate more sweets this month than I did in December.

I will keep trying, its harder than you think!

So, that is how I am doing with my 2019 new year resolutions, how are you doing with yours?

By Andria Perry
Photos by Pixabay


6 comments:

  1. It not east to totally cute out sweets. I go back and forth with that myself. I am happy to ear you found a place for your store. That is a first step and things will getting going soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is and I worked a little more on this area today.

      Delete
  2. I am slowly but surely doing all I have to do on the Internet now. We have a cold spell and it is making me lazy. I keep to the PC and I don't want to venture outside. What happened to January? The one good thing which I started is writing in a 2019 journal and I am happy to say I can account for the work I did all month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading that you've whipped diabetes!

    ReplyDelete