Saturday, December 1, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2018 November Resolution Check In


Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make the best of the time we have because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I have began to pick a word, or words, that I try to also apply to my life for the year. This year I chose the words "No Regrets" because I do not want to regret a single thing I go for this year, whether I make it all the way or I fail, I will learn either way and make myself better.

What are my resolutions? 

1- Stop buying - Grow more

With this resolution I did really good ..... then..... black Friday. I did buy a couple things but not much.

As far as grocery shopping I have only bought what I was out of, eating more from what I already had frozen.

I have accomplished this 90%



2 - Clear land - Set up rentals

Well, No. This one will not happen this year. Its the rainy season now so.

100% fail.


3 - Clean, declutter and organize

Yes I have.

I got rid of a few more shirts when I switched out summer for winter in the closets, these I did not wear these this past summer so out they went.

I cleaned out the office " catch all" closet. I loaded up a bag for donation and a trash bag of coats that was no longer worn and just hanging out.I got rid of a back massager and another sweater, also just hanging around in this closet. I added one shelf to the office for the business products, looks better and I have at a glance of what I have

I went through all the home canned stockpile and put them back in order so I know where the jams and jellies are and where the vegetables are so to go right to them when I am cooking.

I began to clean out a deep freezer, I have two, because I simply don`t need all of it and I don`t want to go to waste.

This is a 100% accomplished.




4 - Take a vacation

Nope! Not yet. I still have a month to jump in the car and it would most certainly be south since its wintertime. 

Who knows maybe this will happen, maybe not.

I`m one of those "if its meant to be, it`ll be" people.

100% failed.

Now that its December with 30 days left in the year of 2018 I will look back and see where I went wrong and why, try to fix it and continue on with the journey, and add four new resolutions for the new year coming.

How did you do with your resolutions for November? 

By Andria Perry

Photos by Andria Perry

2 comments:

  1. Some good goals you have. I am also trying to fix up and declutter. I have so much to go through from all the boxes that came from the remains of my life in Latvia. You can imagine even though I kept little I was used to a two-story space which has shrunk to a two room apartment but my friends helped out and a tall many shelved bookcase stand ready to hold a lot of my stuff. I would like to get all this done by Christmas so at least even if the holidays make me sad I can at least enjoy a clean and uncluttered apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get your goal accomplished in December.

      Delete