Sunday, December 30, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2018 December Resolution Check In - Fail Or Not?



Here we are! the last month of the year 2018 and what a whirl wind it has been. Lets see how things turned out for the last 12 months.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I have began to pick a word, or words, that I try to also apply to my life for the year. This year I chose the words "No Regrets" because I do not want to regret a single thing I go for this year, whether I make it all the way or I fail, I will learn either way and make myself better.

What are my resolutions? 

1- Stop buying - Grow more

I don`t think I bought anymore than I have in any other month.

I think I have cut down on the amount of food and I do not feel the need to shop for stuff.

I did get a couple Christmas gifts, all because I have waited for a sale to get those items.

Growing in December? Sure greens and turnips.

I will rate this month at 75% accomplishment

2 - Clear land - Set up rentals

Well, No. This one will not happen this year. Its the rainy season now so no way did this one happen.

100% fail.

3 - Clean, declutter and organize

Yes, I have continued the cleaning and getting rid of more junk.

While I gave gifts of homemade stuff, jellies and jams, lotions and the like, So that was more going out.

I also packed up more of that inheritance I got back in 2015, while I do love the stuff its time to move on, clean it out, sell it or something. It never was my style but I still liked it, sounds weird? Yeah I know.

This one is a 100% accomplishment.


4 - Take a vacation

I was headed out to the door, so to speak, I had plans to do Christmas on the beach but..... work happened and I could not go.

Well maybe in 2019 I will take that fabulous week long vacation.

100% fail.

So now that I am at the end of this years resolutions lets look back at how I did and how I did not do.

#1 resolution was more accomplishments during the year than not so I did it. Pat my self on the back!

#2 resolution was one of the hardest of all and I failed all year but I did give things a try a couple times. I will continue working on this one.

#3 was another tough one for the year, I had so much work that I just did not find the time to get in that vacation. 100 % failed. But like I said I will keep trying in the year 2019.

OHHHH! My word(s) for the year?

No Regrets.

I will say that everything I did this year was with thought before action. I do not regret one single thing I did. I built a business from a simple idea to making money. I have stood on my own two feet without help for most of the year. 

No regrets at all in 2018.

Now..... I need to take a good look at my life now and ask myself " what do I need to improve?"

How did you do with your resolutions for the year of 2018?

By Andria Perry

Photo By Pixabay


4 comments:

  1. Any progress is good. For me, I can't say, I met any of my goals for the year. But, much to my own surprise I did realize what I really wanted and that is thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having followed the journey for two years, I feel like you succeeded this year, you've met most of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. 2019 will be very different, not as difficult to accomplish.

      Delete