Thursday, August 1, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2019 Resolution - July Check In




Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make the best of the time we have because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I make a word, or phrase, of how I plan to be for the year and this year I have chosen " Dream it, Do It." I chose this because I am making my dreams come true a little at a time, the time to get them finished is now, year 2019!

Here are my 2019 resolutions :



1 - Reduce Spending By Half

I really worked at this resolution this month. When I wanted to shop, you know that urge to go buy something because you need it, but I didn't, I waited another day and then another and before I knew it that item was no longer on sale so I passed.

I did treat myself to three new ladies t-shirts, they were $8 and on sale for $3, a gift to me for my birthday and I am down 4 daily t-shirts, they are now work shirts and worn thin. Did I toss them? No way, I get into paint and all types of messes, they still have use.

Also, I had car issues so that took most all of my savings to make repairs so no extra for shopping.

This is 75% accomplishment because I can do better.



2 - Reduce Stuff By Half

This will take a while and that is okay, I`m not in a hurry. However, I am working toward this resolution.

I did another sweep through the junk at the old home place, what I thought I wanted six months ago I didn`t so I tossed it. I also took out carpet and even the old kitchen cabinets. New clean start.

I went through more clothing and got rid of a few more pieces.

I began cleaning the garage again and I tossed an entire truck load, old vacuum and graveyard flowers that I wont use, cardboard boxes that had collapsed. Bags of recyclable plastic.

With the lumber I had stored I built the gate that I had planned months ago.

So yes working on this one 100%




3 - Set Up Sunshine`s Homestead Creations Store

My online store is one year old, Yay! While I have natural stuff, most all has no added preservatives  and always no dyes, I am working on other things for the physical store, plus I am writing a book that will help many people on their journey to be as natural as possible. 

So another 100% accomplishment for working on this one for July.

Check out what I have to offer now at the online store : Sunshine`s Homestead Creations 




4 -  Cut Out Sweets - Kick diabetes ass!

After a month of the new 1200 calorie a day diet, well its not really a diet, I can eat what I want just keep it to 1200 calories. The doctor told me I should lose a pound a week and I lost 3 1/2 pounds for 4 weeks, so not great but better than nothing. Many days I went over or under the calorie count.

I am learning to use fruit once again as my sweets, although I do cheat, at times, I am not wanting sweets as much.

So I am on my way, I know I am trying.

50/50 on this one for July. 

Want to see the difference, click June for last months to compare. 

So, that is how I am doing with my 2019 new year resolutions, how are you doing with yours?

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry

4 comments:

  1. Quite an admirable month, in my opinion. Keep up the good work. I'm trying to declutter our summer place. Already seeing some progress with just a few things gone. Motivating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, when you can see the difference then you are on your way!

      Delete