Thursday, July 4, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2019 Resolution - June Check In




Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make the best of the time we have because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I make a word, or phrase, of how I plan to be for the year and this year I have chosen " Dream it, Do It." I chose this because I am making my dreams come true a little at a time, the time to get them finished is now, year 2019!

Here are my 2019 resolutions :



1 - Reduce Spending By Half

I have to say that the month of June I did not cut my spending. I bought new flip flops, although they were $17 and I got the for $5.50 still it was not a need but a want.

I did cut back on eating out.

But I did stock up an dish washing liquid when it was $3.50 a bottle and I paid $1.00, I wont have to buy any for a very long time.

This one is a 50/50 for June.



2 - Reduce Stuff By Half

Of Coarse this is an ongoing project, there is no way I can work three jobs and get it all done in a short time.

But what is really bad, I don`t remember what I got rid of in the month of June, bedsides that bed frame. This is bad! I forgot?!?!?! Crap.

Maybe I should write this down more often. 

I can`t say if its accomplishment or not. 


3 - Set Up Sunshine`s Homestead Creations Store

Everyday I am working toward this resolution, I have to have stuff for the store so I am working on one very important thing, not that I can mention yet. 

Yes 100% accomplish for June.

Check out what I have to offer now at : Sunshine`s Homestead Creations 



4 -  Cut Out Sweets - Kick diabetes ass!

Well! The last doctor check up was my kick in the ass. He told me to count calories, for every bite of food I ate, to see how many I was eating and to then cut it down to 1200 per day. He told me that if I did this and lost 20 pounds I probably could come off meds.

I started June 22nd. and it was an eye opener! I was eating way to many calories. Have I cut out sweets? Nope but I have cut way down. I had dessert 2 out of 10 days, so I am getting there.

I will get off the failure train right here for the year. 25% accomplishment, maybe July will be better and a little less sweet.

So, that is how I am doing with my 2019 new year resolutions, how are you doing with yours?

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry

5 comments:

  1. Cutting down on calories and specifically those from sugar is the best way to reduce your chance of getting diabetes or possibly even reversing it if you have it. University research in the UK has shown it is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing well Andria. Making a resolution needs a well power to succeed. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I can see you are doing very well. Progress even little step is better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete