Saturday, May 4, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2019 Resolution - April Check In


Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make the best of the time we have because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easy and two are hard.

I make a word, or phrase, of how I plan to be for the year and this year I have chosen " Dream it, Do It." I chose this because I am making my dreams come true a little at a time, the time to get them finished is now, year 2019!

Here are my 2019 resolutions :



1 - Reduce Spending By Half

I do have to say that I did not spend much on myself, however, being stuck at the hospital I had to buy food, food at the hospital is extremely expensive.

I did restock peanut butter for a year and getting JIF for .35 a jar using a sale and coupons was worth it, to me, in the long run. I have cut back so much on buying food and using the stockpile more. 

75% accomplishment.

2 - Reduce Stuff By Half

Yes! I am on a roll, I have taken off more than half. I am still working on this but I am getting this done, a little at a time since I have a couple "make money" jobs too.

The old home place is where I made the most progress. I think I made two trips to the dump this month, and I know at least three trips to the donation bins. As well as giving a few things to people.


100% accomplished this month.



3 - Set Up Sunshine`s Homestead Creations Store

This one has taken the back burner for the moment, working a couple jobs and doing the massive clean out has taken any time I had, however, I am still selling online and I have made a couple new products.

100% fail, although everything I do now is more or less about this business.

4 -  Cut Out Sweets - Kick diabetes ass!

 100 % Failed! there is no excuse. I have used absolutely no self control.

So, that is how I am doing with my 2019 new year resolutions, how are you doing with yours?

By Andria Perry

10 comments:

  1. Well it seems like May is a fresh start for me. I have been getting back into thing. There is a lot going on in my life right now. I am finally on the final draft of my novel. Thank-you, for the help with the push.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know I did anything! I am writing a little as I can for the new project.

      Delete
  2. Your doing great on your resolutions, reducing spending and "stuff" in half is not an easy task. I'm doing the same with cleaning out and re=purposing things. Also I always count my pennies when shopping, this past week I stocked up on meat that was on sale plus some even had extra $$ off coupons on the packages. As for sweets, I cut them out last July and I'm feeling so much better! I have an awesome recipe for organic almond joy bars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please write a blog about those homemade Almond Joy bars.

      Delete
  3. This seems to be the year for renewal. I have implemented new strategies into my daily routine and it has brought success in various areas. Good post and good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear this and I wish you luck on your journey.

      Delete
  4. Sounds good to me. I think you deserve a medal for such good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I hope that when some other things are less stressful you *will* be able to beat diabetes.

    ReplyDelete