Saturday, April 27, 2019

My Minimal Hoarding Life - The Light At The End Of The Tunnel




Here I am with another week of getting rid of the hoard. I am actually feeling accomplished.

I had sort of, in a way, stopped working on what mattered the most. The home itself, because of waiting for the section of flooring to be replaced in the kitchen and I went to the basement to get rid of trash down there. I got back to the home part although the floor is not finished, I can work in the other rooms. Yes, it was furnished, and no all that stuff is old and was not, in my opinion, good enough to keep.

As life is at the moment I am splitting my time from the old home place and my own home, and work as a caregiver.

However, I am making progress and keeping up my own home.



Saturday - April 20th.

I did little work inside here at my homestead then went out to plant tomatoes and make a small garden so I played in the dirt.

Sunday 21st.

While it is Easter Sunday I did not do any cooking, on the way to go eat out I removed more from this house, jars and more jars. I did add more to the trash from here to the old home place.

Back at home I cleaned the laundry room, taking the large rug up and shaking it outside before vacuuming it. I mopped the floor and wiped down the washer and dryer, applying a clean cloth over the top of the dryer.

I got the kitchen swept and mopped, and the counters wiped down and the dishes clean.




Monday 22nd.

I got the quilts and throws washed, dried and back in use.

Changed the sheets on one bed. and got those clean. Total of 2 full loads washed dried, folded and put away.

Wiped the lower cabinets down with warm soapy water.

Changed the curtains in the spare bedroom from white allowing full sun to block outs, to keep the house cooler.

Swept the kitchen after dinner dishes were washed.

Tuesday 23rd.

Back to the old home place/rental house.

I began to go through more of the stuff I had put in the front bedroom. I also pulled everything from the closet out. I have a couple tubs of books and holiday decor to get rid of.

I half filled the trash can and set things aside to donate.

I just worked a couple hours

Wednesday 24th.

I finished cleaning the closet, swept it out.

Next I cleaned out the back bedroom, there was not much left in there but I did pull out the rug and finished filling the trash can with old books.

I had and extra 3 trash bags full, I will take those to my sisters trash can.

I have a load ready for the dump and I took another load to donate.

Worked 3 1/2 hours and I have two rooms and the closet cleaned and ready to be painted. One room the floor will be replaced first.



Thursday 25th. 

Went to work as a caregiver.



Friday 26th.

Another super clearing and cleaning day.

First I took a load to the dump before they closed, all furniture that no one wanted.

I filled my sisters trash can with stuff that could not be donated or recycled.

I make another load to donate, more Christmas decorations, CD`s, yarn and cross stitch stuff. An entire tote of pillow cases, these were part of an inheritance and I do not need that many.

When all the hailing was done I swept and mopped the room that had all this stuff in it. I just have one chest left to go through, some stuff to deliver to someone else who wants it and this room is clear.

I worked several hours, most of that time was hauling stuff off.



Now that its Saturday the 27th of April I will rest from working on the rental/hoard and take care of the homestead, I have grass to mow.


How did your week go? Are you still seeking the minimal lifestyle? 


By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry


4 comments:

  1. It's been a busy week but there is so much more I need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a busy week, I feel tired just reading about it. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am trying to get this project done.

      Delete