Wednesday, May 30, 2018

My Minimal Hoarding Life - 2018 May Resolution Check In




Wow! A month already gone but that is life, we have to make what we of time because before you know it, time has slipped passed us. Don`t put off what we can do today till tomorrow.

I make four resolutions, or goals, to accomplish each year. Some years I make it with all of them, some years I do not. Usually two are easier and two are harder.

I have began to pick a word, or words, that I try to also apply to my life for the year. This year I chose the words "No Regrets" because I do not want to regret a single thing I go for this year, whether I make it all the way or I fail, I will learn either way and make myself better.

What are my resolutions? 

1- Stop buying - Grow more

I have worked so hard this month, after all May if the safest month to plant when there will not be anymore frost to kill the new plants.

The garden was tilled and I have 30 tomato plants, 12 bell pepper plants and 12 eggplants.  Two rows of okra, one half row of yellow squash and two rows of cucumbers.

New grape vines are in the ground.

Any day I will be picking blackberries.

I am staying away from the grocery stores as much as possible.

As far as buying things this month was a buying month, I got new stuff for the bed and bath.

New shoes for me.

So this one is a 50/50.

2 - Clear land - Set up rentals

This one is still sitting. Actually I have added to the mess by cleaning up another property. Seems I may have to go ask others about a price to clean it up, the last guy is a no show. 

100% fail.

3 - Clean, declutter and organize

I did not make it to the shed as I thought I would back in May, seemed I needed to keep the grass and fields up before cleaning came about.

Every week I take out more, whether it is a piece of clothing or a box of old decor, its going and that is a fact! I even sold 4 tank tops on ebay!

When I took the riding mow to be fixed I left it for my sister to use.

Still gonna get that shed cleaned out this year!

This one is 100% accomplishing so far. 



4 - Take a vacation

Nope, not yet but there had been a lot of talk about it.

I would love to do a road trip, no reservations no destination.

Since the cat ran away from home it will be easier to get someone to take care of my dogs. 

Not a fail at all, Because I am making up which way I want to go, East Or West?

50/50 cause its in my mind and I will make it. 

that is how well I am doing with this years resolutions, or goals. How are yours coming along? 

By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry

6 comments:

  1. I made no resolutions, but I have certainly been busy. I've been helping three families with yard work, doing the Church flower beds and grounds, and working on our yard, garden, and flower beds.

    So far, I've planted 12 tomatoes, 5 eggplants, 3 bell peppers, a zucchini, onions, a jalapeno pepper, and a ghost pumpkin. I also planted an oak, a raspberry, a golden currant, a choke cherry, a sweet cherry, a quince, a thimble berry, several comfrey plants, lovage, a half dozen Jerusalem artichokes, lemon thyme, more oregano, a new sage plant, numerous lilies, and a caladium. I still have two tomatoes, four peppers, six zucchinis, three cucumbers, three lemon cucumbers, and three cantaloupes to plant. I'll probably be planting more things, too. So far, it has been so wet that it has been difficult to get myself motivated to plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two make me feel very unaccomplished. I've cleared some clutter out, got the taxes done last month, and try to keep up with day to day must-do chores. We finished most of the weed abatement at this house by today's deadline, but some finishing touches are still needed. Until health issues are resolved, most of what I get done is on the computer.

    ReplyDelete